Simple Dynamic Range Compression
This is a program that I put together for my own use. It tries to maintain the same volume level as much as possible. I recommend setting your system volume to 50% before running it...most volumes should work, but 50% gives a good high and low range. I believe this will only work on Vista and Windows 7. It's poorly tested, but seems to work. I figured that others out there may find it useful. Depending on the response, I may expand the feature-set.

Download it from here.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
thank you. gonna try this
Why not use a real directshow filter like the TFM Audio filter? I really miss the possibility to enable/disable it from within XBMC though... If only I had the time to look into that....
Thank you Jason for your beautiful idea with this app. I am a beginner into the XBMC world and I would like to be able to install the PseudoTV successfuly. After the installation, at the first use, there is an error message like "Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured the channels". The questions which I have are:

1. Why the media (which is something local) have to be scraped, since the TV is remotelly?
2. Please let me know how the channels can be configured, to avoid that error message?
3. There is any user manual or something helpful for regular people, to handle the installation and the use of this application?

Best regards,
Nod
dbucsa Wrote:Thank you Jason for your beautiful idea with this app. I am a beginner into the XBMC world and I would like to be able to install the PseudoTV successfuly. After the installation, at the first use, there is an error message like "Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured the channels". The questions which I have are:

1. Why the media (which is something local) have to be scraped, sinc.e the TV is remotelly?
2. Please let me know how the channels can be configured, to avoid that error message?
3. There is any user manual or something helpful for regular people, to handle the installation and the use of this application?

Best regards,
Nod

Hey maybe I can help... Just so you know your in the wrong topic, if you find the ptv forum there is a lot of info covering your problems.

1. Why the media has to be scraped... is because ptv builds a playlist from the content in your library; PTV needs to know things like playtime which is very important (if no playtime is detected ptv won't add it to playlist).

2. If your running windows or mac check your network shares if you are using them... most of the time this error is because ptv doesn't detect media in your library (media must be in xbmc library).

3. There is wiki info at jasons git site google it Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
any chance to have that software made for openelec as well?
this is just what i was thinking 2 days ago...
Jason, i realise this is an old post of yours, however i have a quick question for you if i may?

A) will this app uninstall if needed?
B) will this app work with optical audio streams?

thanks in advance,
Dam0
What a nice bump, still I feel the need to leave some thanks.
This is just what I was after, I guess there's probably something better around now but this will do for the time being.

Dam0, I went to the trouble of downloading the massive 419kB and yes, it has an option to remove it from add/remove programs once you have installed it.
I cannot answer your second question. Perhaps now that you know there is an uninstall option, you will take the leap yourself to install it and find out.

lol, point taken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Dynamic Range Compression0