Navigate to a shared folder with a shortkey?
Hi,

I'm planned to setup a XBMC box for my parents. Since they're not tech. people, I would like to make it easy as possible.

They have a home server that I control remotely. I plan to connect to the home server from the living room with the XBMC box. There are about 10 shared directories.

Is it possible to program a remote button to navigate to a certain shared directory?

Thanks
There are way to jump to the library sections such as TV shows/Music/Pictures/Movies/Videos. I do not know of a way to jump to a specific source location though. Are they browsing content that does not fit one of the libraries?
From memory, ActivateWindow(Videos, smb://servername/sharename/dir1/dir2/) will open a listing. Just map this to a keypress. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml for info on assigning keypresses.
@kricker // Thank you for the info. They're seniors...I tried to teach them how to navigate through locations, but they don't get it. I'm trying to map # buttons to days (mon~sun) to make it super easy.

@jhsrennie // Thank you for the link! I will read it through.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigate to a shared folder with a shortkey?0