[SOLVED][Eden] Media Info doesn't display Video Codec
I've switched to Eden (Pre-11.0 Git:20111005-288f496) from Dharma on Win XP SP 3.

'I' key - Media Info - in Dharma used to show Video Codec as well, while in Eden it's gone. It is very useful. Any way to get it back?

e.g.
Dharma: 1080 AVC1 aac 5.1
Eden: 1080 AAC 5.1

So, in Eden "AVC1", Video Codec is no longer seen.
Bump!
I'm seriously looking for an answer to get this info back in Eden! If this is not the right forum, please suggest me a better one!

Thanks!
Depends on what skin you use what is shown
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the default, Confluence. I'm using the standard install and no tweak. Dharma showed it, but Eden doesn't. Between the Video Resolution and Audio Codec, Dharma shows the Video Codec, but in Eden it's not shown with any video I tried. Is behavior changed in Eden or is it a bug?
Does show for me.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Are you downloading your nfo files outside of XBMC?

I was using TV Rename to rename, organise and download my episode posters(.tbn) and NFO files. The NFO files downloaded did not include my file information, and when I updated my XBMC library with them, they weren't displayed. I've since let EmberMM create my nfo files, and it includes this info, which is then displayed in XBMC.

I'm not sure if the intention was for XBMC to retreive/display this information when not present on an NFO file, but it doesn't work that way from my experience.
Hmm! I uninstalled the beta version and did a clean install of 11.0 (had deleted profile as well) Still, I don't see the Video Codec! See the screen shot below. I've added a marker where it should display H.264 equivalent image to indicate Video Codec. Any idea, what's going on here?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191...t000b.png/

(2012-04-08, 19:20)DLeavy Wrote: Are you downloading your nfo files outside of XBMC?

I was using TV Rename to rename, organise and download my episode posters(.tbn) and NFO files. The NFO files downloaded did not include my file information, and when I updated my XBMC library with them, they weren't displayed. I've since let EmberMM create my nfo files, and it includes this info, which is then displayed in XBMC.

I'm not sure if the intention was for XBMC to retreive/display this information when not present on an NFO file, but it doesn't work that way from my experience.

No, I've no NFO files, but just the media file. I'm using File mode and not the Library mode, if that makes any difference. It worked great with Dharma.
Guys, is this what you see or Video Codec is missing like what I've posted?

Please help!
Codec is only shown in the video info screen not the OSD.
I understand, in Eden Video Info and OSD is pretty similar and I'm using "I" key to bring in Video Info screen. The screen shot I posted is for Video Info and not OSD.
I understand. In Eden Video Info and OSD screen looks pretty similar with a minor change. Screenshot I've posted is of Video Info ("i" key) and Video Codec is not seen.

Update: Ignore this 2nd post as it's a double post.
I installed Eden on another computer and I don't see Video Codec in Info on this PC as well! I'm not sure how come other folks are seeing it.

Some pointers to fix/debug this will be really appreciated. Fixing this will help me migrate my HTPC to Eden from Dharma to take advantage of Eden.

TIA!
(2012-04-15, 04:02)xbmc-user Wrote: The screen shot I posted is for Video Info and not OSD.

No it's not, it's the OSD.

As I said before the codec is only displayed on the Video Info Screen -

and not the OSD -

Hmm. Thanks for the reply. I'm not using scrapper or Library mode, but the File mode. I'm using "i" key to bring up the screen that I've posted (just like how I did in Dharma). Regardless of whatever that screen is called, it has changed between Dharma and Eden! If it's called OSD, be it. Is there a way to fix it?

BTW, how am I suppose to get the Video Info screen that you have shown? I think Video Info screen that you posted is applicable to Library mode.

Thanks for your patience and help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED][Eden] Media Info doesn't display Video Codec0