[LINUX] Exporting Karaoke database to csv - incomplete list
Question 
I have been exploring XBMC's Karaoke capabilities, and love it. I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 and XBMC Dharma, and have written a script that (rather messily) allows my microphone to be patched into my main output with no delay).

My concern seems rather simple - I had about 1600 songs in my database, and exported them to csv format, then imported them into excel on my laptop and printed off two lists - sorted by artist and by song name. I then added about 75 songs to the database, which XBMC recognized and added to the database. I again exported to csv format, only this time there were only 75 songs exported - just the new songs.

Is there an intentional feature causing this, or a way to make XBMC export the whole library every time?

Oddly enough, a month ago when I was starting out, exporting the database only exported the old songs, not newly-added songs - despite seeing these songs in xbmc's database. I subsequently deleted my whole xbmc database and re-scanned the library. (I have my karaoke songs in a separate portfolio from my general media). This seems like the opposite from the problem I'm currently experiencing, and I'm not 100% sure that I was finding the updated, rather than an old file, though the version date seemed to indicate it should have been the recent version.

Thanks!
Okay, I have a bit more to add to this. I finally got around to try out the Karaoke since I added the songs. I can use XBMC's standard interface (artist/genre/album/title/etc) to browse and load/run any of the apprx 1675 songs. When I try type the number in, though, only the songs from 1600 to 1675 work - the rest of the numbers are not associated with a song.
So:

The core music library seems fine. XBMC Dharma plays all the CDG files fine.
When adding songs to the karaoke sub-library, or however it works, the numbering is correctly continued, but the previous (1600) songs were removed/replaced by the new ones (75).

-I created a bug tracker for this - though I'm not sure of its timing for Eden release. It certainly sounds like a simple enough bug.

Thanks
Wow, no support for this old post?

Sorry for digging up a necro, but I'm having this exact same issue. I have lost all database listing for my old karaoke songs once I've added new ones and re-exported the database.

Is there a fix for this?
I think our Karaoke dev is MIA :\
I've resigned myself to waiting to collect a large group of new songs, before adding them. I then have to remove the library in XBMC and re-add it (otherwise the library would only have the new, not the old, songs). After this, I re-produce my song list, and re-print it.

It seems like a simple-enough but - when new songs are added, the numbering continues correctly, but the old songs are lost.
Unfortunately my coding days are more than a decade behind, and busy work and family life leaves no time to resurrect it at this time.

Perhaps someone else could rise from the ashes to fill in for the MIA dev?
The numbering's been broken for over two years I'm afraid. Myself I've been using a separate numbering scripts and import/export features to cope with it. Honestly it should have been done as a separate plugin, but unfortunately my Python skills are non-existent.

The issue described in the original scenario, however, seems strange. Did you do full library rescan with clearing the library?
I use a separate user for karaoke (separate database), as karaoke usually happens as a discrete event - karaoke night.
- I really like this separation, as the karaoke versions then don't find their way into music mixes, and it lets me clear/rescan the karaoke without affecting my other media.

- Yes, I then clear the library and re-scan when doing the updates.

I'm curious to hear more information about your script solution.

(there may be some developer interest in re-working karaoke integration, it seems!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Exporting Karaoke database to csv - incomplete list0