Integrated Skype video calling
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011...y-apps.ars

"The new SkypeKit for Desktop SDK doesn’t have the limitations of the old Skype API. It allows desktop applications to have native support for Skype communication protocols, including video chat, without needing the official client. In addition to enabling tight Skype integration in various products like PC games, it will also open the door to third-party alternatives to the official client."

What do you guys think? I would absolutely kill for this feature. I have a HTPC and having to bust out the keyboard and mouse and deal with windows is a pain.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
It looks like it's compatible with Python, so theoretically this can be done through add-ons. I've just briefly looked at the API, so maybe there are some unforeseen hurdles.
This is a cool idea. We are only few steps away from the media rooms in the novel 1984. Now we just need robodogs
svinyard Wrote:This is a cool idea. We are only few steps away from the media rooms in the novel 1984. Now we just need robodogs

Not to mention the book burnings and government-sanctioned police states... Laugh
A skype plugin would rock! My Bravia has Skype capability but you have to buy a $120 Sony cam! Gasp! No thanks!!
Great Idea! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated Skype video calling0