Imon vfd + w7
Ok, so I'm looking at remotes at the moment, and I've been reading about the Imon VFD and the bundled remote. Firstly, does anyone have one, and of so, is the remote any good with regards to range etc? Can it be used to control Xbmc fully? Also, can it be used to power an HTPC on?

This is the product in question: http://www.soundgraph.com/vfd-feature-en/
I have the Imon and seem to be getting on fine with it.

Yes it can be used for remote power on.

I dont know if it can be used to control xbmc in terms of play/stop etc but cant see why not as its quite configurable.

I am using a wireless keyboard and harmony one remote at the moment rather than the supplied remote.
altho i have an iMON product too,
i just hate them,,,
cheezy software mapping,
literally no customer support,
i just hate that company,,,

they only thing i would do, still,
is buy the ANTEC VERIS BASIC STATION
upon receiving it, i'd throw its bundled tiny remote in the trash
and use an harmony 600/650 remote instead!

doing so, you'll be really happy and HTPC will be able to powerON using remote!
Ok, so i'm liking the idea of the Antec Veris, not only is it actually available in the UK, it's half the price of the imon. A couple of reservations i have: is it possible to remove the faceplate? i'd look to re-spray it to remove the logos etc. Or would it be possible to drill the existing faceplate of the case to put the IR receiver in there and put the internals of the Veris on the base of the 5 1/2 drive bay? or is the receiver connected directly to the PCB?

also, i can't find any drive bay blanking plate adapters that allow me to mount a 3 1/4" device in a 5 1/2" bay
AnalBeard Wrote:Ok, so i'm liking the idea of the Antec Veris, not only is it actually available in the UK, it's half the price of the imon. A couple of reservations i have: is it possible to remove the faceplate? i'd look to re-spray it to remove the logos etc. Or would it be possible to drill the existing faceplate of the case to put the IR receiver in there and put the internals of the Veris on the base of the 5 1/2 drive bay? or is the receiver connected directly to the PCB?

also, i can't find any drive bay blanking plate adapters that allow me to mount a 3 1/4" device in a 5 1/2" bay

i dont know what u can and cant drill,,, sorry,,,
i know the logos might bug you down but,
i say wait till u get it, and then see what u can do about it,,,
eskro Wrote:i dont know what u can and cant drill,,, sorry,,,
i know the logos might bug you down but,
i say wait till u get it, and then see what u can do about it,,,

Yeah I think I'm still gonna get it, and a Harmony 650 to go with it too. Can anyone point me towards a 5 1/2" blanking plate that can take a 3 1/4" device in it? Clearly my googling skills aren't good enough.
check for silverstone FP51S
eskro Wrote:check for silverstone FP51S

You the man Eskro!
AnalBeard Wrote:You the man Eskro!

no prob Tongue

show us some pics when your set!
eskro Wrote:no prob Tongue

show us some pics when your set!

i most certainly will! will have the camera handy :cool2:
cant wait Tongue
Hi,

I have a Imon VFD and W7 x64 and just received my remote yesterday Harmony 700 (already had harmony 650 but needed extra device) I have mapped the keys and tested it today and it much better than the standard remote that comes with it.

I can now Power on and off the HTPC with the Harmony remote (the orignal remote did not give me this option just power on) and the menu seems fine, I will test it further and let you know.

I have the thermaltake Media Lab

http://thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1156&ID=1485

when you first install it it give you a option to select the type of remote you have, so which means its compatible with few different remotes.

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Imon vfd + w70