buffering
just a question. Why one nightly is not buffering and the other one (more recent for example) yes? Or the other way around? What are the factors, why it can't stay stable in versions? Speaking about VIDEO_TS.

thanks
Hi,

i can confirm this, with the last ~5 nightly builds *.ts (recorded via Dreambox from Cable TV) results in much more buffering with the ATV2. If there is a lot of movement on the picture (high bit-rate), the buffering occurs more often, else it occurs every ~1 or 2 minutes.
In earlier versions it worked perfectly fine. Connected via CIFS / SMB to a Synology NAS.

Thanks, Martin
elmartino Wrote:Hi,

i can confirm this, with the last ~5 nightly builds *.ts (recorded via Dreambox from Cable TV) results in much more buffering with the ATV2. If there is a lot of movement on the picture (high bit-rate), the buffering occurs more often, else it occurs every ~1 or 2 minutes.
In earlier versions it worked perfectly fine. Connected via CIFS / SMB to a Synology NAS.

Thanks, Martin

are these mpeg2 video ?
Dear Davilla/Scott/all;

I face similar buffering issues since last 5-7 nightly builds (I do update my ATV daily). Lately I face those issues even with a SD content and simple stereo sound (video quickly stops after 1-2 minutes, sound becomes very weird like slightly accelerated for few seconds).

I am including a debug log from a 720p movie:
  • Nightly build: 23rd October
  • iOS: 4.3 (2557)
  • Skin: Default
  • Connection: Over cable to NAS Synology DS209 using afp protocol
  • Log file: http://pastebin.com/HSQEL3Nz

Thank you for your great support to this community, really admire your work.

-= Rudy
Try to disable the "deinterlace mode". It solved my problems with buffering on VIDEO_TS files.
Joe-ATV2 Wrote:Try to disable the "deinterlace mode". It solved my problems with buffering on VIDEO_TS files.

I looked for this option today, but i could not find it, where is it?
Sorry can't check at the moment, because my XBMC doesn't work on 4.4.1 yet. If you have one of the latest nightly builds check the menue by holding down the centre button while watching a Video TS and move to the right menue.
Hi,
you can find it in during watching the movie - long pressing the big button will bring you to the details menu (subtitles, deinterlacing, ...). It took me a long time to find this - initially I searched in the settings...
In my case (ATV2, *.ts (is MPEG), CIFS to Synology NAS via LAN) it never worked with the option: interlaced on. Still display quality was ok.

Only since the last couple of builds also de-activating was not helping.

Martin
ok I tried this and it helped, not perfect yet, but much better!
But does someone know what this de-interlace option actually does?
I'm on the latest nightly btw
jpcolin Wrote:ok I tried this and it helped, not perfect yet, but much better!

Deinterlacing option turns on the deinterlacing of inerlaced video material ...

It fixes the "comb" effect on fast movements in interlaced videos ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
jpcolin Wrote:ok I tried this and it helped, not perfect yet, but much better!

It did not help in my case Sad

In my debug log I see plenty of:

DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Clock speed 100.100000%
DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Detected refreshrate: 60.009451 hertz, rounding to 60 hertz

and those:

DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:65402084.831813, should be:64960025.415147, error:-442059.416667

I will try to update to latest build and try to find any difference in it. It might be a wrongly compiled movie, but as I stated in my comment previously I lately see as well slight zipping in SD movies & regular stereo outputs.

R.
rudolfk Wrote:It did not help in my case Sad

In my debug log I see plenty of:

DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Clock speed 100.100000%
DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Detected refreshrate: 60.009451 hertz, rounding to 60 hertz

and those:

DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:65402084.831813, should be:64960025.415147, error:-442059.416667

I will try to update to latest build and try to find any difference in it. It might be a wrongly compiled movie, but as I stated in my comment previously I lately see as well slight zipping in SD movies & regular stereo outputs.

R.

Tiny update - my issues might be connected to this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103957

Thus I think its a known issue for anyone who would get through this topic here.

-= R.
Hi,

as there are several similar posts I try to bring these posts together...
Another would be this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113417

To eliminate everything I copied a 5min example directly onto the ATV2 filesystem. Still buffering issues. Also de-interlacing is de-activated. And it worked great until ~10 days ago....
It is ATV2, 4.2.2 (2203). Build is the latest nighlty (20111025) updated via dpkg -i and SSH.
Here is the log: elmartino.myphotos.cc/mov/xbmc.log
Here is a 5 min example (MPG2, SD), just recorded via dm600pvr: elmartino.myphotos.cc/mov/buffering.ts (270 MB, sitting on my home server...).

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
buffering0