Hd content
Is anyone here able to watch their HD content from their pc to their tvHuh?? (without buffering issues). Or is this just for SD.
I can.
I can too. I haven't tried 1080p but I believe it is possible to get that to at least play (although downscaled). No issues with 720p..
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
All of my 1080 and 720 files play without buffering on my atv2, and do so over wireless (I actually have an Ethernet cable ran to it, but unplugged it to test wifi and have yet needed to plug it back in. However, wifi is a fickle mistress, and wired is almost always preferred).
me too for flawless 1080p playback
Well that is encouraging and thank you for taking the time to reply. So with that said, do any of you have any idea why I might be having this difficulty? Have any of you ever had it and then fixed it?

It is just so discouraging to have access to such a powerful and useful tool like xbmc and be stuck with only SD viewing.

Please keep in mind I am not somebody who justs asks questions without searching. I have been spent hours and hours working on this. Granted I am still a noobie and will never learn all that is discussed in this forum, but hey...........all I want to do is be able to watch my movies.Big Grin

So thank you in advance to anyone that can help.
post detail on how you have got your Atv2 setup eg wire or wireless, what firmware are you on, what version of xbmc are you using, etc, etc

you need to proved info so people can help Smile
jabba_29 Wrote:I can too. I haven't tried 1080p but I believe it is possible to get that to at least play (although downscaled). No issues with 720p..

Okay, so I read your blogs, if I have to be able to understand all that you did to get your setup running great, I will never get there. A little to technical for me. Very informative, but much went way over my head.Oo
Jailbroken Atv2
Software: 4.3 (2557)

XBMC Version 10.0.9

I have windows xp on my pc. My network is wireless, but I have gone back and forth to a wired connection. I have Fios internet and am currently using their router. I have xbmc version 10.1 on my pc which by the way plays HD movies effortlessly, even ones from icefilms.

Last night I set up SMB sharing from my pc. Up until now I have been just trying to get icefilms to work (with hd content). I gave up on that idea and decided to try maybe streaming movies from my pc in hopes of better luck. So far I am still having the issues with HD content.

I am not the most knowledable member here by far, but I can follow instructions, I just need to be put in the right direction.

thanks............
Make sure you update to a recent nightly version, not just the ancient cydia version if that's the version you installed.

Also, this HD material - is it in xvid or h264? The ATV2 cpu is weaksauce, and will struggle with high res xvid material. It will however use special hardware to do h264 content splendidly.
Repo - A few simple script to do library update.
Giraff Wrote:Make sure you update to a recent nightly version, not just the ancient cydia version if that's the version you installed.

Also, this HD material - is it in xvid or h264? The ATV2 cpu is weaksauce, and will struggle with high res xvid material. It will however use special hardware to do h264 content splendidly.

Thank you for you response, the files I have been trying to play are .avi files. No goodHuhHuh
Avi is a container format, it includes a video and a sound stream. These can be in a variety of different formats. Usually the video in avi files are in the xvid format, but don't assume so. The filename will often tell you the format of the video stream.

Mkv is another container format. In addition to sound and video it will support more sound streams (like several languages), and also subtitles. It is more common to find x264 encoded content in mkv files.

To check what format your files contain I suggest using mediainfo. http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
Repo - A few simple script to do library update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hd content0