Windowed mode only way to keep XBMC from losing focus?
Well I finally have XBMC running on Windows 8 without losing focus and the answer to the title of the thread is YES. On windows 7 the Ion2 processor couldn't hack XBMC in windowed mode with high bit rate videos, but in windows 8 it does. Mystery. Well not that much of a mystery. Elsewhere I have read that turning off Aero helps and with Windows 8 there is no Aero, so guess that must be the answer. All is now well. At long last.
Will have to look at turning off AERO also. Thinking that may contribute to issues. My win7 -64 seems to be okay after my third system rebuild in three weeks.

Also make sure you have a solid Ethernet connection and no virus protection (except windows defender). Seems to help a lot. You can always add virus protection after everything is running.
(2013-10-11, 11:46)tintin123 Wrote: Well I finally have XBMC running on Windows 8 without losing focus and the answer to the title of the thread is YES. On windows 7 the Ion2 processor couldn't hack XBMC in windowed mode with high bit rate videos, but in windows 8 it does. Mystery. Well not that much of a mystery. Elsewhere I have read that turning off Aero helps and with Windows 8 there is no Aero, so guess that must be the answer. All is now well. At long last.

I have exactly the same problem, XBMC is losing focus which is really annoying ;( I am using Windows 7 and XBMC Frodo (stable release).

Already tried it with AERO off but problem is still there. Openelec is not an option since I need Windows for 3D BluRay ISO playback.

Can someone confirm if Windows 8 is really solving this problem?

Thank you for your help.

My HTPC:

Case: Silverstone ML04B Black Slim HTPC Case $85
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 FM2 $60
CPU/Graphics: AMD A8-5600k $110
CPU Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 version B $60
Hard Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD $115
Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB DDR3 1866 memory $150
Blu-Ray/DVD writer: LG CH12LS28 $55
PSU: Antec VS350W $40

MY HTPC WITH 45TB NAS
Can someone please confirm? Don't wanna waste money if Windows 8 has the same problem.

Thanks in advance.
You could try using XBMCLauncher http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798
(2014-04-02, 09:54)jjd-uk Wrote: You could try using XBMCLauncher http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798

Thanks but I am already using XBMCLauncher. As you can see from this thread it is losing focus and there is no solution;(

So, there are a few people in this thread that are saying that Windows 8 is the solution but I wanna be 100% sure before I will pay for it.
Don't know about Win 8.

Alternative to XBMCLauncher is FocusBitch (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windowed mode only way to keep XBMC from losing focus?0