[iPad 2] Potrait mode not working
Hi,

I have installed the latest nightly build (XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20111028-34ab2d3) via apt-get on my iPad (firmware: 4.3.3). Everything works well except it only works in landscape mode. If I rotate my iPad to portrait xbmc remains in landscape mode. If I start XBMC whilst my iPad is in a portrait orientation, it goes straight into landscape.

Should this work, or am I expecting a function that hasn't been enabled yet please? Any help will be gratefully received.

(I have googled and searched the forum and wiki but can't find any answers)

Thanks,
Mark
xbmc is useless in portrait mode ... so this isn't supported on ipad...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the quick response. My iPad is in portrait orientation when it is docked. I wanted to use XBMC to play music, but I guess that's not going to be a pretty option! Big Grin
all the skins are made for landscape orientation ... it just won't fit...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Portrait orientation is not supported by xbmc. Sorry, but we decided this to keep down the complaints of skin usability when in portrait orientation.
Would it be possible to make portrait mode available with a setting in a config file. I know for video and music it does not make sence. But since a few builds cbr and cbz comic files work in the pictures section. Comics open and i am able to browse pages by swiping. I know this isn't xbmcs main purpose but i never found an app that is able to "stream" my comics from smb shares on my nas.
And xbmc is just able to do it. Maybe with the ability to change to portrait mode and some changes to the Touched skin the ipad would even be usable to read comics on. I'll try not to complain about skin usability Smile

Regards,
David
Hi
XBMC for iPad rocks!

Any new development towards getting a portrait mode version of XBMX for the iPad?
I have an iPad docked in my BeoSound 8 with XBMC running in landscape mode. A little bit strange to control!
I could easily settle for a more simple/reduced interface in portrait mode, as long I could browse and play my music from my NAS when it is docked.

Not many docks have a horizontal slide, most are vertical and uses gravity to keep the iPad docked.

When I watch movies on the iPad the landscape mode is perfect.

Best Regards,
Kristian
Sorry guys this won't happen. XBMC was and is designed for landscape mode - all skins are made for landscape mode - we won't add the need for providing a portrait mode now for each skin/skinner.
A skin could hack it, maybe. Make an entire skin that is rotated :D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad 2] Potrait mode not working0