Pocket Projector Hack
I'm such a noob, I almost don't want to ask, but I did a quick search I came up with nothing.

Vivitek has release a neat little HD pocket projector that plays some media. My question is, if it has the processor power to play media, it must have something hack-able to run XBMC or similar, right?

I just think it would be awesome to have a self contain HTPC projector that can be carried around. For my own selfish reasons, of course, like instant entertainment for a groups, ski house, meetings, whatever.

I cannot find the specs on the device to tell me the proc. And even then, I wouldn't know the first thing about hacking it.

But does that sound do-able to anyone? Here's a link to the device:

http://www.vivitekusa.com/v_display_cont...uct_id=201
Projectors simply projects the video/data being feed to it by another device. Just like a TV or LCD Monitor, they projects the video/data to the screen, the projector projects the video/data to it's screen. You will still need a device that will process the video and feed it to the projector.
In the case of this Qumi projector, you can insert memory cards and it will read and disply PDF's and other files... it seems to be more than "just" a projector? It has to have a processor. But perhaps not enough to decode media streaming.
the specs didn't specify anything about the processor. Possible if it has enough processing power on it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pocket Projector Hack0