• 13(current)
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!
AFAIK the PI can't handle FullSBS, just as it can't do 4K. If you want better 3D quality, go MVC, as the PI can do that.
(2016-04-17, 11:11)da-anda Wrote: AFAIK the PI can't handle FullSBS, just as it can't do 4K. If you want better 3D quality, go MVC, as the PI can do that.

I was genuinely not aware that there's a difference between fullsbs and MVC.
(2016-04-17, 11:40)natethomas Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 11:11)da-anda Wrote: AFAIK the PI can't handle FullSBS, just as it can't do 4K. If you want better 3D quality, go MVC, as the PI can do that.

I was genuinely not aware that there's a difference between fullsbs and MVC.

MVC is a data stream that contains information to separately construct both eyes in a stereo image. FullSBS is just a double wide standard video stream that your software has to use file tags or something else to allow it to assume it's a stereo image that's arranged side by side rather than just some ultra wide single eye image.
@natethomas - well, quality wise there is no difference, as both end up as two 1080p frames, but on FullSBS the GPU has to decode two full frames at once, while with MVC the GPU decodes one 1080p frame, copies it and then only applies the visual changes for the second eye on top - so AFAIK less demanding. But I'm no video decoding expert - popcornmix for sure knows better.
I hope someone someone cna help me here, otherwise I will switch over to LE Forum.
I always used Full SBS 3D Files and edited the Display width to 1920 (otherwise the video was squashed as told by another one a few posts before).
This worked like a charm. After a long time without watching 3D I switched to Kodi 16.1 (LibreElec 7.0).
The same files that were played just fine @1080p/24 are now send to my TV in 4K or UDH (sometimes 4096x.. sometime 3840x...)
This is bad as my TV (Sony X8505C) can't handle 3D in 4K.

Is there another value in the mkv header I have to edit nowadays?
Resolution in Kodi is set to 1080p/50 so I don't know why it is increased to 4K for that files.

I tested another native 4K (non 3D) file and this was played at 1080p.

Is there any new option I overlooked?

HW:
Intel i3 4130 with iGPU
Denon X4000
Sony 55 X8505C
Libreelec 7.0
If I play my fsbs 3d movies the overall resolution IS 4k for those files and kodi switches the resolution accordingly - if it would be set to output 1080p you would only watch SBS and not fulls SBS.

I also have to edit the header for each of the 2 video streams to 1920 to get it displayed correctly after switching the TV to 3d mode - I can't look up what the headers are called at the moment. And yes it works like a charm - my TV shows that input is 4k and after switching to 3d mode it looks correct.

So it looks like there is something wrong with your setup.

Besides your current issue I doubt that you ever have watched fulls SBS for two reasons:

1st you said output was set to 1080p (it needs to be 3480) - did your TV tell you it was getting a 4k input? If not then you are not watching full sbs

2nd I am not so sure if your iGPU can handle decoding 4k in x264 at all
Good morning,

As I said, my TV recognizes 4K, but can't switch to 3D with 4K content. This never happened with 15.0.
Back when I tried this first I looked into the codec information during the playback (pressed "o") and it said "3840x1080". So I assumed all is just right.
But when think about it, you are right. As only 1920 was transported to the TV it was cut in half afterwards.

Conclusion is: I am screwed because my TV can't do 3D with 4K content?
Hi!

I've been reading almost through this thread and maaany more threads and today I tried 6 hours to get this "Full SBS" thing working. No success, i think.

I'll back this up:
First of all I have created Full SBS mkv with DVDfab of my Frozen (yay <3) bluray. It goes as i thought it would, 3800x848 resolution and opening that mkv for example with VLC-mediaplayer makes it very wide, 2/3 black horisontally. I think that capabilities in this point for FSBS are there.

Then I read how I have to put name correctly, so i put Frozen 3D FSBS.mkv. After that I should change mkv headers, so I use the recommended MKVtoolnix to change stereo mode to "1" and DISPLAY width resolution "1900". Now Kodi should notice this as FSBS 3D properly, with 1080p per eye?

Now with Kodi, file opens smoothly and there is much less black bars, almost none. My thoughts are that Toolnix did something. The problem here is, I dont know if I get 1080p per eye or not. I have copied the mkv, other I changed and other I didn't but I'm not sure whether there is change or not.
I'm worrying that I'm doing something wrong and whole this work just gets me normal looking hsbs with 3800x848 movie.

I'm using Windows 7 and Benq w1350 projector, so i manually change 3D-mode and select side-by-side.

Am i doing alright? Or don't I just recognize the double horisontal resolution. I fear, that Toolnix Display resolution change halves the movie's horisontal resolution making it hsbs again. Can't be sure about that.
I just need help/confirmation everything is fine.

Any help much appreciated!!
Thanks!

PS. After the changes with Toolnix, the movie's subtitles move to the lower left side of the screen. Dont know if this helps anything.
PPS. Any diagnostic program to confirm FSBS resolution on the go?
(2011-11-01, 02:41)liquidskin76 Wrote: For anyone interested in XBMC and 3D (MKV's), i've come across something very interesting.

I've got 2 3D blu-ray's (respect... huge 3D collection!! Laugh). One of those is Avatar. I've run it through DVDFab and outputted as a Full SBS MKV (3840x1080). Upon playback in xbmc (Windows nightly build... 30/10/2011... using DXVA2) i came across the usual problems of dropped frames, slight skipping, etc. So i was planning on using MPC-HC as an external player for this video type.

There where certain playback characteristics of the file that DVDFab had created that i didn't like (funky searching/chapter skipping behaviour for one), so playing around i ran the file again through Ripbot (using a custom avisynth profile... my usual means of backing up / converting my media by the way). The result was a file with much improved playback quality/performance.

Sod it i thought, lets see how it plays in XBMC. To my amazement, it plays flawlessly...

click on for 1920x1080 image...

I know you can't see playback performance, but you see the stats and resolution.

I'll try and upload a small sample for others to test.

Thoughts anyone...?

My thinking is that most people have probably tested DVDFab created full sbs files, due to DVDFab being one few programs out there to create 3d backups, plus it being the most commercial. Maybe just a poor encode profile from DVDFab?

Anyway, i'm gonna test my other 3D blu-ray (Tron: Legacy) to confirm.

Cheers Wink

Hey I hope you see this, I know this is super old but I have an issue when exporting FULL SBS on DvdFab I always get black crop bars at the bottom and top. Any advice?
Thread moved to video support (now that we have that section available).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi Guys, do some of you run 3D on PI4 ? 

I tryed many think and it's seem to don't work on PI4 (video drviers ..) . 

Many thanks if some can tell me .. 

Regards
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!0