• 2(current)
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!
If I use DSPlayer with 3840x1080 files I don't have DXVA...it is normal? Sad

Regards!
craigd Wrote:edit the scrapers content type to use foldernames for lookups

Thank you for the suggestion, but I tried that to no avail. Isos and mkvs work great, but if I add the .bluray extension onto the movie folder that contains the bdmv folders it doesn't show the bluray cover.

Thanks for any additional help.
I used aeon mq3 skin, just put file name with 3dbd phrase .
Full SBS and half SBS work fine on my XBMC with my Sony LCD but would it be fair to assume that playing back Full SBS would be the same quality as half SBS on these players.
As XBMC basically scales the massive Full SBS back down to max 1920 width, which the TV then again splits to create the 3D picture.

Maybe Full SBS creates even a lower quality picture then Half SBS because the player also originally interprets the aspect ratio wrongly (to fit the too wide video) which then has to be rescaled to fit the by the TV splitted picture. Costing more power processing the larger file and scaling it.

Would the only way to achieve full HD 3D to be for XBMC to generate a combined stereo-scopic picture through frame-packing or OpenGL stereoscopic using HDMI1.4?
Hence the TV will then be able to handle the odd wide resolution and combine 2x1920x1080 instead split 1x1080x1920.
astute Wrote:Full SBS and half SBS work fine on my XBMC with my Sony LCD but would it be fair to assume that playing back Full SBS would be the same quality as half SBS on these players.
As XBMC basically scales the massive Full SBS back down to max 1920 width, which the TV then again splits to create the 3D picture.

Maybe Full SBS creates even a lower quality picture then Half SBS because the player also originally interprets the aspect ratio wrongly (to fit the too wide video) which then has to be rescaled to fit the by the TV splitted picture. Costing more power processing the larger file and scaling it.

Would the only way to achieve full HD 3D to be for XBMC to generate a combined stereo-scopic picture through frame-packing or OpenGL stereoscopic using HDMI1.4?
Hence the TV will then be able to handle the odd wide resolution and combine 2x1920x1080 instead split 1x1080x1920.

Same problem...

So, With Full SBS the only option to view it correctly is with "stretch to 16:9" option enabled, but in that case when I select on my Tv "side by side" 3D...is not 1920x1080 for each eye, yesHuh Is that correct?

Thanks Smile
So I Recently purchased a 3D capable tv and just got 3d glasses for Christmas. After messing with my setup I find out that my TV converts 2D-3D. What I need is to add a 3D Blu-ray player to my system to watch the 3D I have the way you're supposed to.
So what I'm wondering is is it possible to rip 3D blu-rays and watch with XBMC right now on XBMC live?

thanks

bluray support can be achieved with plugin.makemkvbluray however this doesnt identify the 3d content nor does xbmc support 3d directly ...

same about full 3d sbs from my experience, couldnt find a device playing it perfectly ... so basically the only option seems to be converting to 3d half sbs mkv and play them wich play perfectly, however with a lesser resolution than full 3d sbs ...
I've also been hoping for 3D support in XBMC but it probably won't happen for a while.

Those of you playing "Full SBS" are only getting 1080p output to your TV. For true 3D HD output the video card needs to encode the content into a supported HDMI 1.4 format such as frame-packing, etc.

I'm not sure if the nVidia driver (for Linux) has 3D support but I believe this might be the first step as well as having ffmpeg modified as well.
r4nd0m Wrote:bluray support can be achieved with plugin.makemkvbluray however this doesnt identify the 3d content nor does xbmc support 3d directly ...

same about full 3d sbs from my experience, couldnt find a device playing it perfectly ... so basically the only option seems to be converting to 3d half sbs mkv and play them wich play perfectly, however with a lesser resolution than full 3d sbs ...

Thanks for the info.

SofaKng Wrote:Those of you playing "Full SBS" are only getting 1080p output to your TV. For true 3D HD output the video card needs to encode the content into a supported HDMI 1.4 format such as frame-packing, etc.

errr... no! Full SBS is 2 1920x1080 frames. Same as frame packed, etc. In the end they are all 1920x1080 to each eyes.

Are you thinking of Half SBS, which is 960x1080 to each eye, so not full 1080p resolution?

Cheers
tocinillo Wrote:If I use DSPlayer with 3840x1080 files I don't have DXVA...it is normal? Sad

Regards!

Yeah, that's normal.

Cheers
astute Wrote:Full SBS and half SBS work fine on my XBMC with my Sony LCD but would it be fair to assume that playing back Full SBS would be the same quality as half SBS on these players.

tocinillo Wrote:Same problem...

So, With Full SBS the only option to view it correctly is with "stretch to 16:9" option enabled, but in that case when I select on my Tv "side by side" 3D...is not 1920x1080 for each eye, yesHuh Is that correct?

Thanks Smile

XBMC will scale the 3840 width down to 1920. You then want to be using the 'Pixel Ratio' to scale it back it out to 1080 height.

You'll then be getting 1920x1080 to each eye. It will also retain the original aspect ratio of the movie.

Don't worry about the scaling, it won't destroy the quality.

Cheers

P.S. I'm using dsplayer and lav filters to view my Full SBS files. XBMC natively won't flawlessly play them. Half SBS it manages fine.
liquidskin76 Wrote:XBMC will scale the 3840 width down to 1920. You then want to be using the 'Pixel Ratio' to scale it back it out to 1080 height.

You'll then be getting 1920x1080 to each eye. It will also retain the original aspect ratio of the movie.

Don't worry about the scaling, it won't destroy the quality.

Cheers

P.S. I'm using dsplayer and lav filters to view my Full SBS files. XBMC natively won't flawlessly play them. Half SBS it manages fine.

interesting statement, I have checked a full sbs file natively on my Samsung D7000 unfortunately the internal player doesnt support the resolution, regarding xbmc however I am pretty sure it wont do the packaging for full 3d sbs correctly which is required and is done by other software players ...

but still a 3840 scaled down to 1920 and then re-scaled still isnt properly packaged over hdmi from xbmc itself ... dont know for other player for linux supporting this so could not check ...
r4nd0m Wrote:interesting statement, I have checked a full sbs file natively on my Samsung D7000 unfortunately the internal player doesnt support the resolution, regarding xbmc however I am pretty sure it wont do the packaging for full 3d sbs correctly which is required and is done by other software players ...

but still a 3840 scaled down to 1920 and then re-scaled still isnt properly packaged over hdmi from xbmc itself ... dont know for other player for linux supporting this so could not check ...

Hmmm... what do you mean by 'packaged'?

If you mean XBMC should just display the 3840x1080 image as 1920x1080, whilst telling the TV to switch to 3D... then you're right, it's not handling it correctly (dsplayer included!) It shouldn't be scaled down in height like it does (therefore requiring rescaling back up in height).

I was under the impression that software players like stereoscopic player just took the 3840x1080 image and rescaled it to fit the screen, as it still displays as a side-by-side image, not a single frame (before you switch the TV to SBS 3D)? However in terms of pixels, you're still seeing 3840x1080, just squashed (so to speak) down. When the TV then displays each left/right frame, you're then seeing 1920x1080 per eye.

With regards to XBMC, once the pixel ratio is set correct for the movie, then it's behaving correctly (obviously the TV still needs to be manually switched to 3D), right?

Cheers! Wink
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hmmm... what do you mean by 'packaged'?

If you mean XBMC should just display the 3840x1080 image as 1920x1080, then you're right, it's not handling it correctly (dsplayer included!) It shouldn't be scaled down in height like it does (therefore requiring rescaling back up in height).

I was under the impression that software players like stereoscopic player just took the 3840x1080 image and rescaled it to fit the screen, as it still displays as a side-by-side image, not a single frame (before you switch the TV to SBS 3D)?

However in terms of pixels, you're still seeing 3840x1080, just squashed (so to speak) down. When the TV then displays each left/right frame, you're then seeing 1920x1080 per eye.

Cheers! Wink

not really, xbmc will squeeze, so to speak, a 3D full sbs 3840x1080 to 1920x1080 and then send it via hdmi where as a 3d device like a 3d bluray player then will use for example framepackaging to send the full 3840x1080 via hdmi 1.4 to the display where the stream is then handled accordingly

so when you use a 3840x1080 on xbmc it will not matter as only information of 1920x1080 will reach the display anyway, as far as I observed it, sending a 3d full sbs still leaves you with a half sbs on the display as the information/stream is not squeezed and sent but squeezed and lost while being sent to the display

correct me if I am wrong but without a stereoscopic encoder that will send 3840x1080 to the display, xbmc does not afaik, you will never have the same data-rate/frame-rate going across the hdmi as the original input that xbmc de-codes, so you end up with 960x1080 or half sbs in the end
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!0