• 5(current)
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!
It's a good news if it works with a "low" CPU.

I'm talking very often with BD3D2MK3D's author Smile it's a good soft, you can ask him if he could add Full SBS support. I'm going to make my own encoder soft with Full SBS support.

Thanks for the link, I'll read it Wink
I'm wondering what software people are using to create full SBS rips? I know DVDFab will do it, but only compressed. I checked with their tech support to see if perhaps I was using the wrong settings, but they claim that a certain amount of compression is required to convert the video. I'm not sure this is correct. I know that MakeMKV can do uncompressed rips (frame packedSad). I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions for other software that can create uncompressed full SBS.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
You cannot create an uncompressed Full SBS because 3D source are "allways" in AVC/MVC format. MVC format is an extension of AVC, it encodes only difference between left and right eye so MVC stream cannot be played like an independant stream.
The only way to keep maximum quality is to encode with x264 and qp=0 parameters (but it needs encode). I don't know any other solution.
(2014-02-28, 15:56)wgstarks Wrote: I'm wondering what software people are using to create full SBS rips? I know DVDFab will do it, but only compressed. I checked with their tech support to see if perhaps I was using the wrong settings, but they claim that a certain amount of compression is required to convert the video. I'm not sure this is correct. I know that MakeMKV can do uncompressed rips (frame packedSad). I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions for other software that can create uncompressed full SBS.

Makemkv can only do uncompressed because it's keeping the same files and just putting them in a container. When creating a SBS file I beleive this means actually changing the original files into something else entirely by squeezing it so both frames fit inside one frame. Because it's being changed compression will be part of the process. I don't believe you will ever get uncompressed SBS unless the studios do it themselves.

I'm using makemkv for frame packed 3D and Stereoscopic Player as an external player. It's not seamless but it's very good and I don't lose any quailty while I wait for XBMC frame packed support.
(2014-02-28, 16:46)NicCo Wrote: You cannot create an uncompressed Full SBS because 3D source are "allways" in AVC/MVC format. MVC format is an extension of AVC, it encodes only difference between left and right eye so MVC stream cannot be played like an independant stream.
The only way to keep maximum quality is to encode with x264 and qp=0 parameters (but it needs encode). I don't know any other solution.

Thanks. Guess I'll have to stick with DVDFab for now and keep hoping that mvc support in ffmpeg won't be too far down the road.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
MakeMKV creates MKV with AVC/MVC but I believe MVC in MKV container is not a standard (I've contacted MKVToolnix author in order to ask him if they will implement MVC support, but it's a low priority for us).
(2014-02-28, 17:42)T800 Wrote: Makemkv can only do uncompressed because it's keeping the same files and just putting them in a container. When creating a SBS file I beleive this means actually changing the original files into something else entirely by squeezing it so both frames fit inside one frame. Because it's being changed compression will be part of the process. I don't believe you will ever get uncompressed SBS unless the studios do it themselves.

I'm using makemkv for frame packed 3D and Stereoscopic Player as an external player. It's not seamless but it's very good and I don't lose any quailty while I wait for XBMC frame packed support.

Thanks. Actually I took a look at Stereoscopic Player but they don't have a Mac version. Haven't been able to find any other external players that support MVC playback. Also did some testing with 3D BDMV's but the "Working" time is rather long (2-3 minutes) waiting for the movie to start playing. Think I'll stick with fsbs mkv.
I stumbled upon this thread. I am adding .3dbd to my 3d movies but it's not showing the 3d case. Why? It just shows a blue case with H264 on top.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-02, 16:35)patseguin Wrote: I stumbled upon this thread. I am adding .3dbd to my 3d movies but it's not showing the 3d case. Why? It just shows a blue case with H264 on top.

Are you sure your skin has 3D cases/flags? Are you using Gotham? I actually use one of the default stereoscopic tags outlined here but they are Gotham only.
I am using aeon nox for gotham and there u have to put .3d. in the filename as flag. Wink
I figured it out. For me, I had to have the year in parenthesis.3dbd and it worked. Just having the movie title and 3dbd wasn't doing it. So, I went through my whole library and added years then either 3dbd, Bluray, or DVD and now I get proper box art in MQ5. I even made smart playlists so I have a menu for blurays and a menu for 3D blurays.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
It seems (I have read it from a team XMBC's member on another post) XBMC supports StereoMode flag from MKV ? So no need to rename file. Does anyone have tried it ?
(2014-03-04, 22:30)NicCo Wrote: It seems (I have read it from a team XMBC's member on another post) XBMC supports StereoMode flag from MKV ? So no need to rename file. Does anyone have tried it ?

i think it will find the flag but actually still shows the menu where you have to select the 3d mode...

as all my movies are fullsbs encoded i´ve set in gotham expert settings that the movie directly starts in sbs mode - the menu will be skipped then Wink
(2014-02-28, 17:55)NicCo Wrote: MakeMKV creates MKV with AVC/MVC but I believe MVC in MKV container is not a standard (I've contacted MKVToolnix author in order to ask him if they will implement MVC support, but it's a low priority for us).

I've ran a few separate 3D MVC .mkv's through MKVToolnix to join them together (Titanic/Hobbit) with no issues. I just don't touch the 3D options and it passes through untouched.

(2014-02-28, 18:02)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 17:42)T800 Wrote: Makemkv can only do uncompressed because it's keeping the same files and just putting them in a container. When creating a SBS file I beleive this means actually changing the original files into something else entirely by squeezing it so both frames fit inside one frame. Because it's being changed compression will be part of the process. I don't believe you will ever get uncompressed SBS unless the studios do it themselves.

Thanks. Actually I took a look at Stereoscopic Player but they don't have a Mac version. Haven't been able to find any other external players that support MVC playback. Also did some testing with 3D BDMV's but the "Working" time is rather long (2-3 minutes) waiting for the movie to start playing. Think I'll stick with fsbs mkv.

I've never used it myself but have you tried Bino:
http://bino3d.org/index.html
(2014-03-04, 22:30)NicCo Wrote: It seems (I have read it from a team XMBC's member on another post) XBMC supports StereoMode flag from MKV ? So no need to rename file. Does anyone have tried it ?

I tried this using a nightly build from about 2 weeks ago and couldn't get it to work. The only way my test clip was detected as 3D was if I used one of the 3D tags in the file name. Just having the proper stereo mode header setting wouldn't do it. I have seen the same posts that you refer to but also seen posts that xbmc does not read mkv headers. I can't confirm which answer is correct but for now I'm still using the 3D tags in the file name.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!0