• 6(current)
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!
(2014-03-05, 11:32)T800 Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 18:02)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 17:42)T800 Wrote: I'm using makemkv for frame packed 3D and Stereoscopic Player as an external player. It's not seamless but it's very good and I don't lose any quailty while I wait for XBMC frame packed support.

Thanks. Actually I took a look at Stereoscopic Player but they don't have a Mac version. Haven't been able to find any other external players that support MVC playback. Also did some testing with 3D BDMV's but the "Working" time is rather long (2-3 minutes) waiting for the movie to start playing. Think I'll stick with fsbs mkv.

I've never used it myself but have you tried Bino:
http://bino3d.org/index.html

Thanks for the link. I took a quick look (need to do some more digging) but since Bino uses ffmpeg for decoding I'm guessing that frame packed (MVC) is not supported. Also since the software is free then full bd menus are probably not supported either since that would require the Cinavia licensing fee to be paid by someone.

Took a look at MacGo (not free) which has full menu support but no 3D. Sad

Think I'll stick with the fsbs.mkv for now and hope for changes to the ffmpeg standard to allow mvc support.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-02-28, 17:55)NicCo Wrote: MakeMKV creates MKV with AVC/MVC but I believe MVC in MKV container is not a standard (I've contacted MKVToolnix author in order to ask him if they will implement MVC support, but it's a low priority for us).

I've ran a few separate 3D MVC .mkv's through MKVToolnix to join them together (Titanic/Hobbit) with no issues. I just don't touch the 3D options and it passes through untouched.

It's strange because you can't make AVC/MVC in MKV with MKVToolnix. I don't understand Huh
(2014-03-05, 18:57)NicCo Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 17:55)NicCo Wrote: MakeMKV creates MKV with AVC/MVC but I believe MVC in MKV container is not a standard (I've contacted MKVToolnix author in order to ask him if they will implement MVC support, but it's a low priority for us).

I've ran a few separate 3D MVC .mkv's through MKVToolnix to join them together (Titanic/Hobbit) with no issues. I just don't touch the 3D options and it passes through untouched.

It's strange because you can't make AVC/MVC in MKV with MKVToolnix. I don't understand Huh

I'm not sure how it all works. It might not have the ability to change the MVC video in anyway or even demux to a separate file (I don't know) but if you don't touch the video settings it passes the video through untouched.
Hello All -

I am using XBMC with Windows 8. I recently got a 3D Passive Sony TV.

My Problem: I can't produce a correct Aspect Ratio when converting my 3D BluRay to SBS Full or OU (over/under) Full using DVDFab. Doing it in OU the display looks 4:3 and doing it with SBS is too skinny with too much black bars on the top and bottom. The 3D bluray is 2:35:1. Shouldn't the aspect ratio of a 3D bluray SBS or OU MKV be the same as a standard bluray MKV? Should I select the Half(50%) option for SBS or OU?

I've tried various settings in DVDFab (new version) with the aspect ratio, cropping and none of the settings get it right. Is there another program I should use?

I rented Toy Story 3 3D last night from my cable provider and the aspect ration was spot on.

Please help!
(2014-03-07, 20:07)casefresh Wrote: Hello All -

I am using XBMC with Windows 8. I recently got a 3D Passive Sony TV.

My Problem: I can't produce a correct Aspect Ratio when converting my 3D BluRay to SBS Full or OU (over/under) Full using DVDFab. Doing it in OU the display looks 4:3 and doing it with SBS is too skinny with too much black bars on the top and bottom. The 3D bluray is 2:35:1. Shouldn't the aspect ratio of a 3D bluray SBS or OU MKV be the same as a standard bluray MKV? Should I select the Half(50%) option for SBS or OU?

I've tried various settings in DVDFab (new version) with the aspect ratio, cropping and none of the settings get it right. Is there another program I should use?

I rented Toy Story 3 3D last night from my cable provider and the aspect ration was spot on.

Please help!

Have you tried the files on another player or PC. A TV setting could be the issue
I've been told you need a 4K TV for fsbs movies to display correctly.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

(2014-02-28, 18:02)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 17:42)T800 Wrote: Makemkv can only do uncompressed because it's keeping the same files and just putting them in a container. When creating a SBS file I beleive this means actually changing the original files into something else entirely by squeezing it so both frames fit inside one frame. Because it's being changed compression will be part of the process. I don't believe you will ever get uncompressed SBS unless the studios do it themselves.

I'm using makemkv for frame packed 3D and Stereoscopic Player as an external player. It's not seamless but it's very good and I don't lose any quailty while I wait for XBMC frame packed support.

Thanks. Actually I took a look at Stereoscopic Player but they don't have a Mac version. Haven't been able to find any other external players that support MVC playback. Also did some testing with 3D BDMV's but the "Working" time is rather long (2-3 minutes) waiting for the movie to start playing. Think I'll stick with fsbs mkv.

I've never used it myself but have you tried Bino:
http://bino3d.org/index.html

Bino does not support mvc. It supports these input formats:
Quote: Monoscopic (2D) video
Left and right view in separate video streams and/or files
Left and right view side by side (optionally with half width)
Left and right view on top of each other (optionally with half height)
Left and right view in alternating rows
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I didn't think MakeMKV ripped 3D, only 2D. Are you saying I can get a full resolution SBS file from MakeMKV and play it in xmbc?
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-09, 00:12)patseguin Wrote: I didn't think MakeMKV ripped 3D, only 2D. Are you saying I can get a full resolution SBS file from MakeMKV and play it in xmbc?

No you get a full res mvc file, same as what's on the bluray disk. Which you can't play in xbmc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Gotcha
There may be tools to turn that into a SBS ...
(2014-03-09, 00:35)nickr Wrote: There may be tools to turn that into a SBS ...

I've been doing quite a lot of hunting and haven't found anything. So much software is based on ffmpeg and mvc hasn't been adopted there. A shame really. Hopefully they will adopt mvc before too long. It'll make 3D playback much simpler I think.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I tried to get my compsci major son interested, but it didn't seem to work. He is more likely to be developing some game to make him rich.
(2014-03-09, 02:25)nickr Wrote: I tried to get my compsci major son interested, but it didn't seem to work. He is more likely to be developing some game to make him rich desillusion him.

Wink
(2014-03-09, 02:25)nickr Wrote: I tried to get my compsci major son interested, but it didn't seem to work. He is more likely to be developing some game to make him rich.

They are never too old to threaten them with the belt lol
If you need help just give me a call lol
WE ALL WE GOT
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!0