• 7(current)
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!
(2014-03-08, 17:12)patseguin Wrote: I've been told you need a 4K TV for fsbs movies to display correctly.

nah! you just need a tv with shutter display that is able to handle the fullsbs frames Wink
When I turned on 3D and stereoscopic 3D for some reason my TV itself Sony KDL55w900a greyed out SBS mode when that was what the video was in?! Also everyone is saying you have to disable hardware decoding and turn on Software to make the 3D work properly? My laptop has two GT 650m's and a i7-3630QM with 8gb ram, would enabling SLI somehow for a video player stop it from dropping the occasional frame? Is my gpu the bottle neck.

I'll have to try this software decoding mode later and see if that fixes anything.
I might be wrong but I don't think you actually have to turn hardware decoding off. XBMC just won't use it for 3D. At least I don't have to make any manual adjustments on my machine.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I'm just curious what setting is making the occasional frame drop happen, like it's not even EVERY frame its every other frame when theres an object moving from far away it's all fine when it gets closer and then moves into the background it'll skip a frame or two then, but then go back to being super smooth. I'm desperate for ideas if anyone has any incite I'd be happy to hear.

The tv is active 3D playing the file off the TV itself via a harddrive is flawless, but I don't get the DTS track out of it then. Are we supposed to put our computers into Sterescopic 3D mode in the Nvidia driver first or not?
So what's the official word on this? Can I display full SBS instead of half SBS just without hardware decoding? I'm sure my hardware could handle it, just the last time I tried it, I had 2 copies of the movie running side by side in 3D. I'm looking for a way to display full resolution 3D until XBMC can play full SBS or 3D ISO (14 maybe?!?).
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-05-15, 17:56)patseguin Wrote: So what's the official word on this? Can I display full SBS instead of half SBS just without hardware decoding? I'm sure my hardware could handle it, just the last time I tried it, I had 2 copies of the movie running side by side in 3D. I'm looking for a way to display full resolution 3D until XBMC can play full SBS or 3D ISO (14 maybe?!?).

FSBS is working for me. Had a little problem with aspect ratio, but that's fixed since I corrected the mkv headers. I've got all my 3D's in mk3d containers with stereo header set to 1 (SBS left first) and the proper display size set. I had to set my Panasonic to Auto Detect so it would automatically switch to 3d mode. This may be the same as what you are seeing? My tv would show 2 screens side by side because it wasn't switching to 3D mode.

CPU intensive though. Mine runs at least 60% sometimes higher.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
My TV is a Panasonic too and it would switch to 3D mode. It would just display the movie in full 3D side by side instead of 3D one image. It's weird I couldn't figure it out. I use DVD Fab to rip my movies and I changed it from half to full side by side. XBMC recognized stereoscopic but it still displayed it twice. I'll have to try it again when I get home. I assume I would name it like Avatar (2009).3d.fsbs,mkv?
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-05-15, 20:34)patseguin Wrote: My TV is a Panasonic too and it would switch to 3D mode. It would just display the movie in full 3D side by side instead of 3D one image. It's weird I couldn't figure it out. I use DVD Fab to rip my movies and I changed it from half to full side by side. XBMC recognized stereoscopic but it still displayed it twice. I'll have to try it again when I get home. I assume I would name it like Avatar (2009).3d.fsbs,mkv?

Yes. And I also used Toolnix to set the headers. Stereo Mode=1 Display Height=1080 Display Width=1920 (this is for 16:9). DVDFab did not set my headers. I had to do it manually.
So do I need to name it movie (year).3d.sbs.mkv or use fsbs?
(2014-05-15, 23:54)patseguin Wrote: So do I need to name it movie (year).3d.sbs.mkv or use fsbs?

The "f" is optional. Either tag will work so I think it's really just for your benefit. I'm not an expert on this but my understanding is that xbmc will just play the file in SBS mode at whatever resolution it is recorded at so all SBS files are handled the same. The only difference being the quality of the video displayed.
Ok I ripped the movie at full side by side and the file size is almost identical to the half SBS. XBMC shows the original's aspect and the new one as 1080p. I'm viewing parts of both to see if I notice a difference. The fact that I have to edit the file header seems like a real pain.
I'm watching Prometheus ripped in full SBS with the edited headers as you described. It looks great but I'm not sure I can tell the difference between it and half SBS. Maybe I need to compare more scenes.
I've still found using stereoscopic player set up as an external player to be a superior option for now.
Yeah except that's not an option for me on OpenElec.
So has anyone made any progressive with this in openelec? Whenever I play full sbs, it gives me a smashed picture (picture is short from top to bottom). The picture quality was awesome but it seems the aspect was off and I got dropped frames.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!0