• 4(current)
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!
(2012-02-08, 21:57)SofaKng Wrote: 2. Windows (nVidia; and probably ATI?) can definitely output "FULL 3D". (I'm assuming you are referring to HDMI 1.4 frame-packing 3D [ie. the same as Bluray 3D]) There is some software for Linux that appears to support this but I haven't researched it into. XBMC cannot output an HDMI 1.4 3D signal though.

Hi again. Can you tell me where you found software for linux that support full HD 3D via HDMI 1.4a? I was not able to find any solution for linux...?
tommymsw- I can verify that the Optoma HD33 does support SBS. I use it in my Media Room and it works great!
top1percent:

You'd managed to get the HD33 to accept 1080pXX (Half) SBS 3D format?

I'm thinking of buyin one, and reading the specifications, the only info I could get is the HD33 only supports 1080i50/1080i60 (interlaced).

Thanks.
Is a 3D-ready TV required or can a PC and video card process everything onto a standard monitor or LCD TV?
Hi all, MakeMKV has released an updated (a couple of releases ago actually) that will enable you to create 3D MKVs from Blu Ray Discs properly. I am testing this out tonight, Ill update later if everything works well.
(2012-04-23, 01:02)supra2jzgte Wrote: Hi all, MakeMKV has released an updated (a couple of releases ago actually) that will enable you to create 3D MKVs from Blu Ray Discs properly. I am testing this out tonight, Ill update later if everything works well.

Any success on getting 3D MKV's out of MakeMKV?
updates anyone? I just ripped my first 3dbd using anydvd hd and the file size is monstrous since clownbd doesn't support 3d. would love to know if makemkv is working now...
(2012-09-19, 07:39)azula Wrote: updates anyone? I just ripped my first 3dbd using anydvd hd and the file size is monstrous since clownbd doesn't support 3d. would love to know if makemkv is working now...

Try it. It's free.
Hey guys! I'm trying to play in full SBS as well. I've got a 3D laptop with an NVIDIA Geforce GT 550M graphics card, which I believe supports 3840x2160. Is that correct? If not, then I've found my issue. If it does support that resolution, then read on.

I have tried playing 3D blu-rays on my computer with both stereoscopic player and powerdvd 12, and I swear up and down that the 3D movies on the blu-ray AND full-SBS files look the exact same quality as the half-sbs files I have in that I can see tell when looking very closely that the horizontal resolution if halved because each pixel is doubled up next to one another, whereas, when it's in 2D, I can tell it's truly 1080p. I've gone back and forth between the 2D and 3D modes, and I truly believe that the horizontal resolution is being halved. Is this how FULL SBS and blu-ray are supposed to look? If not, then how do I watch Full-SBS? Can XMBC help me?
MakeMKV does work quite well to create a 3D mkv file for playback at full quality. The file when played back through XBMC's built in player will only display one eye though. As of right now the only player I've seen that will play back the file generated is Stereoscopic Player, so you'll have to set that up as an external player. It does work very well, though. I got it set up so that my TV auto-detects 3D mode when playing 3D content instead of having to manually tell my TV to swap into 3D mode.
(2013-01-03, 06:54)Mottsen Wrote: MakeMKV does work quite well to create a 3D mkv file for playback at full quality. The file when played back through XBMC's built in player will only display one eye though. As of right now the only player I've seen that will play back the file generated is Stereoscopic Player, so you'll have to set that up as an external player. It does work very well, though. I got it set up so that my TV auto-detects 3D mode when playing 3D content instead of having to manually tell my TV to swap into 3D mode.

"TV auto-detects 3D mode "

How?? I'm on a mac so to my knowledge I don't have much support on the software end for 3d (or bluray for that matter, but there's workarounds that I'm aware of for that). I do, however have a 3d tv, which supports full 3d, with sony 3d shutter glasses... I believe it streams 240hz or something (120 per eye) at max.. but I digress... I'm still only able to take advantage of this from my playstation, but 99% of my media is on my server and played via my macbook... I'm not aware of a way to play native 3d on the tv, so I have to manually switch to sbs or tb 3d mode and it's... well, it's just sort of annoying to have to do.

yeah.. whine whine...haha - if someone knows a way to make it work w/out buying another peripheral that'd be cool...
thanks!

oh also..

"MakeMKV does work quite well to create a 3D mkv file"

can't figure this out either... while I admit it is very simple to use, and fast - I assume this is an advanced option that has to be written into the params? If not I just can't find it... Rolleyes
help... !
Hi,
I would like to know if Full SBS output is Full HD or if Full SBS is resized to Half SBS at output ?
Thanks !
(2014-02-25, 14:28)NicCo Wrote: Hi,
I would like to know if Full SBS output is Full HD or if Full SBS is resized to Half SBS at output ?
Thanks !

Yes!

If you have a FULLSBS Encode with 3840x1080 resolution xbmc (i use the gotham nightlies) will put this frame out.

If your tv can handle this frame like the actual samsung tvs do it will be displayed in fullhd 1080p and you have the same quality like watching an mvc stream from a bluray.

A lot of ppl say that there is no or no big difference between FULL and HALFSBS but if you check the first 2 mins of avatar and compare both formats you will surely see a big difference. Wink
Thanks for your response.
Yes I have a Full SBS encode (I'm making my first encode) and I have a 2012 Samsung 3D TV (UE40F6300) so I think it should be OK.
So Gotham supports 3D Full SBS, it's a very good news Smile
Does it support DXVA or QuickSync or does it need a huge CPU to work ?
And yes difference between Half & Full is visible I'm agree Wink
I don´t know what it supports but i use on with a simple celeron 1007u and intelhdGMA graphics and my cpu shows around 8% on both cores so the stream should be decoded using the GPU.

The Samsung TV shoould work for you. Mine is from the 6500 Series and works well.

For encoding you should check bd3d2mk3d on doom9 forum but the old version from 12/2013 becoz the newest does only support halfsbs. (or you have to change an entry in the avisynth script by hand)

Btw. the old version is working without any problems. Wink

You should also check this thread...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185212
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!0