My go to skin / plexbmc again
Hey Pecinko - just signing back in really, things have been crazy my end for a while, just got married- yay!

Have just got back on the XBMC train after vanilla-ising my appletv2 again. This time I've got a little netbook with a crystal HD card for XBMC, being served up media from Plex media server on my mac. Guess who's got to be my go to skin?

QUARTZ ROCKS!

So I guess my question is, is hippojay gonna release a quartz mod for the new versions of Quartz / Plexbmc? I see his modded version is a bit out of date now... Would love to get my recently added queue up and running like the rest of you guys!

Thanks again for a great skin...

Shoesy x
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
It depends what you are running.

With the release of a windows version of Plex client (based on dharma) there is less need for the XBMC addon. That said, I'm looking at producing a final version focussed on Eden only. With this, I'm hoping to mod the Quartz skin to add in the recently added and "on deck" stuff.

Whether I continue after this depends on how well the plex client develops; might be easier to make the plex client run XBMC addons :-)
Cool thing- thanks for the response, look forward to the new Eden version.
hippojay Wrote:Whether I continue after this depends on how well the plex client develops; might be easier to make the plex client run XBMC addons :-)

Did you try it? I would not be surprised if Dharma based add-ons run on Plex. From what I saw running practically un-modded Quartz, new Plex client is practically copy pasted Dharma with a few XBMC features hidden and some glue added for Plex based stuff.

I'm really lacking better library and media management but still find XBMC's player, support and user community superior, despite Elan's PR talk Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Shoesy Wrote:Hey Pecinko - just signing back in really, things have been crazy my end for a while, just got married- yay!

Welcome back mate and congratulations on your marriage!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks P! Tongue
Pecinko, I just wanted to say a quick thank you for this fantastic skin (ver 2). This is the first skin that makes me want to use XBMC for it's intended purpose. instead of spending all my time modding. It is perfect, and I love the way the blue highlight box moves from item to item. Very professional looking all the way around!
dgm1960 Wrote:Pecinko, I just wanted to say a quick thank you for this fantastic skin (ver 2). This is the first skin that makes me want to use XBMC for it's intended purpose. instead of spending all my time modding. It is perfect, and I love the way the blue highlight box moves from item to item. Very professional looking all the way around!

Thanks Wink
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2011-11-01, 21:14)hippojay Wrote: It depends what you are running.

With the release of a windows version of Plex client (based on dharma) there is less need for the XBMC addon. That said, I'm looking at producing a final version focussed on Eden only. With this, I'm hoping to mod the Quartz skin to add in the recently added and "on deck" stuff.

Whether I continue after this depends on how well the plex client develops; might be easier to make the plex client run XBMC addons :-)

Hey Hippojay,
Been a long time, but I was using PleXBMC and was disappointed for selfish reasons when the Windows client release stopped its development. Then I stumbled upon this thread...is it really simple to play Dharma plugins in Plex? If so, are you developing that? Playing XBMC plugins and my Plex library all within XBMC was why I was using PleXBMC. MLBMC in particular.

Pecinko: I've rethought my media center set up (we had chatted over the PleXBMC skins thread) and think I'll move from a high power HTPC to a high power Plex Server with low powered TV connected devices (consider me a convert). In which case, XBMC on the Raspberry Pi would be ideal with PleXBMC. If PleXBMC isn't moving forward, do you see yourself integrating with the DLNA compliant release of the Plex server that is coming up? Cord Cutters did a nice exhibit of myPlex working on the PS3 and any of the Plex plugins playing. Just curious, because I will purchase a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec if it means having my Plex library/Plex Plugs/myPlex and XBMC playable on it. On low powered machines, I would definitely being running Quartz.

I hope I'm staying relevant to this thread. If not, I'll move to private messages, gladly.
(2012-03-15, 18:53)jjense01 Wrote: Pecinko: I've rethought my media center set up (we had chatted over the PleXBMC skins thread) and think I'll move from a high power HTPC to a high power Plex Server with low powered TV connected devices (consider me a convert). In which case, XBMC on the Raspberry Pi would be ideal with PleXBMC. If PleXBMC isn't moving forward, do you see yourself integrating with the DLNA compliant release of the Plex server that is coming up? Cord Cutters did a nice exhibit of myPlex working on the PS3 and any of the Plex plugins playing. Just curious, because I will purchase a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec if it means having my Plex library/Plex Plugs/myPlex and XBMC playable on it. On low powered machines, I would definitely being running Quartz.

I hope I'm staying relevant to this thread. If not, I'll move to private messages, gladly.

We are definitely off topic here.

I may be all wrong but form my point of view, XBMC performs acceptably on ATV2. If R Pi has similar or less power to render GUI, you can expect performance to be worse.

IFAIK, PleXBMC is no longer being developed and supported by Hippo (and nobody else picked up his work). However, that might change if PLEX will release DLNA compliant server which could be used without constraints.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-03-16, 02:30)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 18:53)jjense01 Wrote: Pecinko: I've rethought my media center set up (we had chatted over the PleXBMC skins thread) and think I'll move from a high power HTPC to a high power Plex Server with low powered TV connected devices (consider me a convert). In which case, XBMC on the Raspberry Pi would be ideal with PleXBMC. If PleXBMC isn't moving forward, do you see yourself integrating with the DLNA compliant release of the Plex server that is coming up? Cord Cutters did a nice exhibit of myPlex working on the PS3 and any of the Plex plugins playing. Just curious, because I will purchase a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec if it means having my Plex library/Plex Plugs/myPlex and XBMC playable on it. On low powered machines, I would definitely being running Quartz.

We are definitely off topic here.

I thought I might be....I'll post a new discussion.

Best,
jj

edit: I started a new thread regarding marrying XBMC, Plex, MyPlex with DLNA: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125682

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My go to skin / plexbmc again1