How to reduce glare?
Here's a pic from my TV in my family room, the glare from the sliding glass door is killing me.

Do any of you guys have an idea as to how to reduce the glare?

I'd put "heavy-duty" curtains... Smile
Change walls. You never put a TV opposite a window.
mr.sparkle Wrote:Change walls. You never put a TV opposite a window.

+1
mr.sparkle Wrote:Change walls. You never put a TV opposite a window.

It's the way the house is set up Confused
A solid curtain would be a start....next move would be to swap the plasma for an LCD.
Jorge18 Wrote:It's the way the house is set up Confused

solid curtain
Aside from watching after sunset with the lights off, there are a few options:

1. Change HDTV location. Place it where outside light won't be behind you.
2. Change HDTV. Get one with a matte finish.
3. Change blinds. Get a solid, dark curtain.

Finally, real change we can believe in.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
When taking pictures, light in back of the photographer is good. When watching a movie, it's really bad. I haven't found anything short of moving the TV. You need to block that door, however you can.
Unfortunately, moving the TV isn't an option since that's the way the house is it set up. Damn, I guess I'm going to have to deal with it!
what about solid curtains?
Jorge18 Wrote:Unfortunately, moving the TV isn't an option since that's the way the house is it set up. Damn, I guess I'm going to have to deal with it!
Why not put it where those shelves are on the wall?

I know you're sick of hearing move the TV, but the reality is, any light coming through those doors is going to cause glare. Even on a matte screen, etc. With those types of blinds though, you may be able to angle them in a way that light won't hit the TV against that wall with the shelves but still let light into the room.

I know people who re-arrange their rooms just because they have a few minutes on their hands. You have a "serious" problem, I'd really think about moving stuff around. That's too nice of a TV to deal with glare like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to reduce glare?0