• 39(current)
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')
`Black Wrote:If you use a list control, do not use any visible conditions for the watchlist items as it causes exactly the problem bthusby has (empty thumbnails on startup). Same for recently added, random items etc.

I use them for both and don't have any problems.
Besides, visibility checks should be validated each frame so item should become visible as soon as property is available. Judgging by this it should be very unlikely that this is causing problems with dissappearing thumbs bthusby was talking about.

Thoughts?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I also don't know why it's happening but it does, several people had this problem with my skin while I never or very very rarely had it.

If you use something like <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(WatchList_Episode.%d.Label))</visible>, all items are initially hidden because watch list hasn't finished loading and sometimes, I think mostly on slow systems, the thumbnail is hidden.

Edit: Scratch that, I think it the problem was that I used an extra visibility check + fade animation for the thumbnails which was causing the problem. I check for the path because it's never empty, label could be (but it's very unlikely).
Are you cooperating with the JSON-RPC team to make parsing/calls more efficient? And also to add new keywords / meta-data so calls can be more tailored to find out e.g. when an episode was added, last watched etc?

Is it possible that there will be options to manipulate the watchlist i.e to select which TV shows you follow, and these will take precedence in the watchlist?

Will the watchlist be added into the XBMC core in the future or be changed into a version of smartlists like previously discussed? Any thoughts where this is going?

The Quartz skin and Pecinko has made a very nice implementation of it with its mediashelf!

This script is a very nice piece of SW, I love it Wink
The Real Skimshady
This is a development thread for skinners.
No End-User Support Requests!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:This is a development thread for skinners.
No End-User Support Requests!

No harm intended. Im just very curious about the plans for the script Smile
The Real Skimshady
Guys

latest version available in pre-eden differs from the one in Eden repo, causing "dependencies not met" for ATV users. Is this intentional for some reason? IMO, they should be in sync until Eden final is out.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

There won't be any new additons to the pre-eden repo. All add-on/skin will go to the Eden repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-12, 10:31)Martijn Wrote: There won't be any new additons to the pre-eden repo. All add-on/skin will go to the Eden repo

OK I'll tell ATV2 users to wait until Eden is out.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Watchlist v0.1.11 is, by default, showing WatchList_Episode.n.Label as "sXee. Episode Title". I think this is happening for 'Random Items' script as well. Is this something messed up in my database, or a problem with these scripts?

http://pastebin.com/D2TNYku4

I would check the database, it's working fine here.
Ok I did a bit of digging.

My database looks fine - the Season and Episode value aren't in the Episode Title. Here's the same episode first in Library view looking normal:

second, in watchlist with the added "ssXee." in front of the title (reFocus only displays Episode title):

I've made my videos.db available here. If you could see if you can replicate this on your system I would be extremely grateful.
WatchList_Episode.%d.Label just fetches the listitem.label. If you have set your flatten tv shows to never this is the output for listitem.label. It adds the season and episode in front of the title.
No that's not the problem (I'm using episodetitle in my skin), the videodb is fine as well. I have no idea what's the problem...
Just switched to today's test build and I'm getting the same thing -

• 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')2