• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')
Don't we just need a property to check that it's running so we can run the script if it's not?

ie !IsEmpty(Window.Property(WatchList_Running))
Hitcher Wrote:Don't we just need a property to check that it's running so we can run the script if it's not?

ie !IsEmpty(Window.Property(WatchList_Running))

so what if the script is running, started by Transparency! with a limit=3 option.

user now switches to xeebo, Window.Property(WatchList_Running) will be true,
so you're not going to run the script again.

as a result, the user will end up with a half-filled watchlist in xeeboo...

or am i missing something?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
If it's autostarting I would hardcode-limit it to 10 or 15 items. I'm using 6 items but it does not matter as there is now no need to re-run the script.

Just a thought.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:If it's autostarting I would hardcode-limit it to 10 or 15 items. I'm using 6 items but it does not matter as there is now no need to re-run the script.

Just a thought.

that would not be an issue for 'limit', but other items are optional as well:
movies=true, episodes=true, albums=true...
and those were added by request, so i doubt we should ditch those again and just fetch everything by default (and hardcoded).

i don't think it would be difficult for the script to detect a skin change,
but need to test to find out for sure.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:so what if the script is running, started by Transparency! with a limit=3 option.

user now switches to xeebo, Window.Property(WatchList_Running) will be true,
so you're not going to run the script again.

as a result, the user will end up with a half-filled watchlist in xeeboo...

or am i missing something?

No, you're right I didn't think it through properly. Rolleyes

ronie Wrote:i don't think it would be difficult for the script to detect a skin change,
And then it would shut itself down so !IsEmpty(Window.Property(WatchList_Running)) would be true?
ronie Wrote:that would not be an issue for 'limit', but other items are optional as well:
movies=true, episodes=true, albums=true...
and those were added by request, so i doubt we should ditch those again and just fetch everything by default (and hardcoded).

i don't think it would be difficult for the script to detect a skin change,

Hmm didn't thought of that. Just wanted to make it easier for you.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

first let me say "sorry for my bad english" I hope you understand what i want to say you.

I have read the thread and thought you have next episode what is a great feature, but have you all of you so many unfinished movies ? When i watch a movie i watch it to the end and if i must stop the movie i look the end of the movie on the next day.

I should therefore like if you could add a option to make a watchlist with next want to see movies where i could manually add movies. My problem is, that i add new movies and think " oh this movie i must watch" and after 10 days i added the next movies and think "oh this movie i must watch" and so on and than i forgot witch movie i want to see.
And so i have a watchlist with xx movies and 5 or 10 of them will show in the home screen.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Greets
Eisi
Eisi2005 Wrote:Hi,

first let me say "sorry for my bad english" I hope you understand what i want to say you.

I have read the thread and thought you have next episode what is a great feature, but have you all of you so many unfinished movies ? When i watch a movie i watch it to the end and if i must stop the movie i look the end of the movie on the next day.

I should therefore like if you could add a option to make a watchlist with next want to see movies where i could manually add movies. My problem is, that i add new movies and think " oh this movie i must watch" and after 10 days i added the next movies and think "oh this movie i must watch" and so on and than i forgot witch movie i want to see.
And so i have a watchlist with xx movies and 5 or 10 of them will show in the home screen.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Greets
Eisi

I think this is what favorites are for. Use them and remove after watching.
@odt_x

yeah but favorites doesn´t have a home menu widget and no info about the movie if i use info button.

A playlist with my favorites where a first step but the playlist have no favorite filter Sad

Greets
Eisi
hopefully this will be the one we've all be waiting for:
script.watchlist-0.1.7.zip

here's the current logic:
- skin runs the script
- script will keep running in the background and monitor for playback ended/stopped notifications
(nothing new so far)
- if the script is executed again, either by the same skin or another skin,
the script will run again and kill the previous instance of the script.

for those who want a property to check if the script is running,
it's there, but not needed at all by the skin.
it's solely used by the script to check if it's already running.

Window(Home).Property(Watchlist_Running)
will be True when running, empty if not.
Excellent, thanks ronie.
I was looking at the infolabels, can I launch this script at startup and then use like last 5 played on home? Last 5 in progress? Or does it only really 'watch' whats happening after you start XBMC?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:I was looking at the infolabels, can I launch this script at startup and then use like last 5 played on home? Last 5 in progress? Or does it only really 'watch' whats happening after you start XBMC?

you just run the script on startup and it will set all the labels.
after that, the scripts keeps running and will update the window properties whenever needed. (ie. you stop/finish watching a movie)
Ronie

what's the recommended skin implementation? Have it run on Home.xml load?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Ronie

what's the recommended skin implementation? Have it run on Home.xml load?

That would run it each time you enter home am i right?
Maybe have it in startup.xml so it's started one time.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')2