Asrock Vision 3D - 137D NOT working
I hope that there is someone out there that an help me resolve my issues because I am almost at the end of my tether.

I have reinstalled 10.10, 11.4 and 11.10 and have come accross very many diffirent issues but basically I have found the following and in the instance where I can get xbmc installed I can never get the HDMI audio to work on UBUNTU.

I managed to install the OS and xbmc, but could not gett he sound to work. I also had a kernel too many connections open error on startup. This did not hang the pc, but made it extremely sluggish. No SOUND via HDMI

did the os Installation without a hitch, but could not get the repository for xbmc to be installed. Never got the sound to work.

same as above. the kernel error only appeared on the 10.10 version of UBUNTU and none of the others but I could not get the HDMI sound to work no matter what I tried, this has now gone on for 4 days with all the installations and reading what I can find on the internet. Nothing worked

technical specs for mini pc.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overvie...Specifications

PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Lawrence
lslamp Wrote:I hope that there is someone out there that an help me resolve my issues because I am almost at the end of my tether.

I have reinstalled 10.10, 11.4 and 11.10 and have come accross very many diffirent issues but basically I have found the following and in the instance where I can get xbmc installed I can never get the HDMI audio to work on UBUNTU.

I managed to install the OS and xbmc, but could not gett he sound to work. I also had a kernel too many connections open error on startup. This did not hang the pc, but made it extremely sluggish. No SOUND via HDMI

did the os Installation without a hitch, but could not get the repository for xbmc to be installed. Never got the sound to work.

same as above. the kernel error only appeared on the 10.10 version of UBUNTU and none of the others but I could not get the HDMI sound to work no matter what I tried, this has now gone on for 4 days with all the installations and reading what I can find on the internet. Nothing worked

technical specs for mini pc.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overvie...Specifications

PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Lawrence

Hi there,

did you try installing the very latest nvidia drivers ? http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-displ...river.html

i am very interested on buying this box as well but I want to be sure it's working nicely with ubuntu+xbmc first.
Hello!

I just finished building my XBMC on an Ion 3D 152D and I also had some trouble getting the sound to work.
I got that same 'too many connections' error the first time I booted it, but after changing the audio settings in XBMC, it works fine now.

I used the XBMCFreak live CD (xbmcfreak-nuvoton-10.1-v2) to install it, and the settings I had to change were:
Audio Output: Analog
Audio Output Device: HDA NVidia hmdi

Also menu sounds did not work until I created a .asoundrc in my home folder with the following in it:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:1,3"

}
}

Also have a look at alsamixer to make sure your output is not muted.

Good Luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock Vision 3D - 137D NOT working0