I need help with python scripts
i've been looking for the definition of what a python script is to no avail, finally i concluded it had something to do with streaming. ok by this point u are either laughing or rolling your eyes, by now u know i have no idea about pythons. please help me with this thing, i am an absolute noob to most of the terms related. is there a set up change i need to make, is there something on my pc or router i need to change. i don't ftp i'm still working on clearly understanding what i can do on my xbox modded and what i can't do. all i really want is to be able to stream some entertainment besides the preloaded webcam etc crap that came with my modded box. the guy that modded my box had very limited knowledge of the usages. so i'm looking for someone to share their gained knowledge with me. please, i've been trapped for a week figuring this out.

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
uhm,

new too...

python is a programming/scripting language and there is an interpreter for that language on the xbox (or at least through xbmc). this gives us the ability to write little programs, like streaming clients or servers, but also lots of other stuff.

you wouldn't need to change anything to use a python script on your xbox, you only need a xbmc build that is new enough and supports python.

it might be nessecary to open up ports on your router/firewall to use some of the scripts; if it uses a port to obtain content (streaming media) and that port is blocked on your router it won't work of course.

does this make any sence?

cheers
cactus
thanks for replyin' cactus.

yeah my router ports are all open, i'm just wondering how do u add new ones. like where do u put the information etc. do you need to transfer from the pc into the xbox or can you just add through the xbox?
less than 20 minutes later and now a bit less brain space to make room for this and i have the answer for you. i am now watching launch videos from my xbox. they are slow as hell though.
hey dave check ur email, just sent you one.
how'd the hell you get this to work?
i've been on it most of the afternoon, ain't get much work done due to it.
(kayser9soze @ april 14 2005,20:50 Wrote:hey dave check ur email, just sent you one.
how'd the hell you get this to work?
i've been on it most of the afternoon, ain't get much work done due to it.
1. download a script from http://www.xbmcscripts.com
2. unzip or unrar downloaded script (use winrar or something)
3. ftp to your xbox (u/p is probably xbox/xbox)
if your xbox's ip is 192.168.0.3 in ie type
ftp://xbox:[email protected] in the address bar
4. navigate to xbmc folder (likely f/apps/xbmc)
5. navigate to scripts sub-folder
6. drag the extracted script into the folder
7. turn on your xbox and run xbmc
8. click on the bottom right button and select 'my scripts' from the menu
9. highlight the script you uploaded and hit the run button.
thank you so much , seriously i was stuck. i didn't want to transfer anything without asking first, just in case. greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need help with python scripts0