Issues with XBMC remote control commands - pulling my hair out!
Question 
I have been previously using XBMC with eventghost with no issues however on my new laptop the onboard IR appears to be causing conflicts with eventghost so i cannot configure like my HTPC

so i read on the wiki about using advancedsettings to get the button codes

The remote works out of the box with mute, up, down, right, left and volume however buttons like "MORE" which is "info" do not work which highlighting a movie to get its info page (basically like pressing "i" on the keyboard"

i created advancedsettings xml and put in:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
<displayremotecodes>true</displayremotecodes>
</advancedsettings>

in deugging it shows:

00:05:02 T:2388 M:4294967295 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 03742210 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'

can someone help me figure this out?

XBMC 10.1

thanks!
The displayremotecodes setting is a legacy of the XBox days and it does nothing in current versions of XBMC.

The log entry you show is unrelated to remote control problems.

I've never used Eventghost (*must* you use Eventghost) so I can't comment on what it's sending XBMC.

JR
i dont have to use eventghost but not sure how to program buttons easier..

i would like to see though what it being received so i could make adjustments if needed.... if these commands are legacy, what can i use?

as for the unnrelated comment, i posted this because when i press the "i" button on my remote, it doesnt do jack... i pressed it 5 times to make sure i was seeing it in the log, this was all i would see repeated 5 times...
after reading one of your other posts, i used showkey.exe to see the command being sent

the "i" button on both of my remotes are not sending anything, same goes for the subtitle button and many others....

normal buttons left, right, up, down, volume, forward, back, etc all show something in showkey
I'd guess you have an eHome remote. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for how to configure this for XBMC.

JR
found my resolution on the eventghost forums:

http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopi...925#p19925

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with XBMC remote control commands - pulling my hair out!0