Great Gift (AMD A8-3850)
Gunserotti Wrote:I would love to know how this build handles HD Audio in XBMC. This really look good and I might copy it. Thanks

XBMC doesn't currently support HD audio. If you are using an external player then HD audio works perfectly with this processor.
Mallet21 Wrote:XBMC doesn't currently support HD audio. If you are using an external player then HD audio works perfectly with this processor.

preeden builds are working fine with HD audio Wink
Gunserotti Wrote:I would love to know how this build handles HD Audio in XBMC. This really look good and I might copy it. Thanks
since it's newer amd hd6550d, i'm assuming it will do better than my amd hd5570. it seems to bitstream very well on every tests i read so far.

xbmc never officially release xbmc with dts-hd and truehd supports, but i'm using this pre-release version since july- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd . i'm very happy with this version. it can natively playback bd iso/m2ts/mkv and bd from index.bdmv in full 1080p with dts-hd and truehd.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
QLink Wrote:+1

and it would also be very interesting how it handles bluray 3D and how high is power consumption (standby/idle/load)

hope someone can share some experiences ... Smile
these tests below showed very impressive result for AMD A8-3850+iGPU. it's surprised me that it beat my favorite hd6570 discrete gpu. i3+igpu is failed 3d badly.

and it would also be very interesting how it handles bluray 3D and how high is power consumption (standby/idle/load)

renethx tested the A4-3400 and A6-3500 in terms of power consumption :
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost....tcount=743
crazy to see the i3-2120 failing 3D bluray blayback!!! wooaaaa
Hey bluray... should I just get a new mobo and the A8-3850 instead of a the HIS hd6570?
Maybe i'm going crazy eh?

The A8-3850 looks amazing. But it is still brand new.... and I don't wan't to be the ginea pig for it.
Beer40oz Wrote:Hey bluray... should I just get a new mobo and the A8-3850 instead of a the HIS hd6570?

The A8-3850 looks amazing. But it is still brand new.... and I don't wan't to be the ginea pig for it.
if your existing mobo support fm1 socket, you can install a8-3850 in it. since hd6550d and hd6570 has very similar performance and options, you'll don't need hd6570 anymore.
Beer40oz Wrote:Hey bluray... should I just get a new mobo and the A8-3850 instead of a the HIS hd6570?

just get the HIS HD6570....
your system is mint Beer40!
and after you install your new SCYTHE cooler,
man, your HTPC will be crazy!!

make sure to make a video of the inside with GPU installed
and video of frame drops Smile
eskro Wrote:just get the HIS HD6570....
your system is mint Beer40!
and after you install your new SCYTHE cooler,
man, your HTPC will be crazy!!

make sure to make a video of the inside with GPU installed
and video of frame drops Smile

I think so man.... I just wan't to enjoy this HTPC ..... yes had to get the SCYTHE cooler that dam stock one started to HISS.... annoying...
stock AMD cooler are the worst thing man,,,
I'm actually parting my HTPC together now based off the A8-3850. Hardest thing for me is finding a mATX case that I like. I dont really want a full sized receiver looking case, but would really like to find a good quality cube case.

Newegg had a great deal on the mobo i got, ASUS F1A75-M PRO FM1, although open box it was 75 bucks. Earlier this week they had the EarthWatts 430 PSU on sale and I picked one of those up as well. Once I find a case I like that isn't to expensive I'll get the rest of the parts and finish the build.

Should be one hell of an HTPC and also able to play a few games on it as well.
cube case = http://www.amazon.com/Antec-M-ATX-Deskto...B000YUA5UQ ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAvdOd_VBnQ
blakestock Wrote:I'm actually parting my HTPC together now based off the A8-3850. Hardest thing for me is finding a mATX case that I like. I dont really want a full sized receiver looking case, but would really like to find a good quality cube case.

Newegg had a great deal on the mobo i got, ASUS F1A75-M PRO FM1, although open box it was 75 bucks. Earlier this week they had the EarthWatts 430 PSU on sale and I picked one of those up as well. Once I find a case I like that isn't to expensive I'll get the rest of the parts and finish the build.

Should be one hell of an HTPC and also able to play a few games on it as well.
how about this new mobo- ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75 . it'll allow you to turn on from cold start and off your htpc with asrock smart remote too. and this mini-itx case- APEX MI-100BK Black Steel Mini-ITX

I cannot quote on power consumption etc as I have no way to really test that, same as with benchmarks. If someone can suggest some free software that lets you do some checks, I would be more than happy to run them and post results here. I am using a similar setup to what was posted at the start with the A8 APU and so far it is working really well. Movie \ music playback is all good with no problems at all. I mentioned the stock APU Fan, but 90% of the time the system is silent.

I went for this as I was looking at a low cost low heat option and a CPU \ GPU in one chip = 1 less heat source. I might stick another GPU in the case later thou and run them in crossfire if I end up gaming on the PC too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Great Gift (AMD A8-3850)0