Feature request
Hey P.

Can we have bespoke menus please - maybe two or three slots with no standard features, just slots to add favourites like you can with the other sections. With menu names you can choose of your own.

EG:

MOVIES TV MUSIC BESPOKE1 BESPOKE2 BESPOKE3 XBMC

You get the idea. (I hope!)
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
Shoesy Wrote:Hey P.

Can we have bespoke menus please - maybe two or three slots with no standard features, just slots to add favourites like you can with the other sections. With menu names you can choose of your own.

EG:

Talking about comeback with style :-)

I would love to, but here's the deal - you paint it up and I'll code it upSmile

Quite honestly, I'm quite lame in PS and although I mostly get the job done it's taking me enormous bit of time as it's mostly hit & miss.

The way I see it it could be horizontal one Aeon style, vertical one Mediastream like (see new Plex). It will probably be easier to code and maintain. Drop me a mail if you wan't to get involved I can send you a current snapshot of version I'm working on, so you can take a peek.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

There are 2 more options, that I was considering Smile :

- make vertical nab bar centered horizontally on Home page allowing to use recently added and add-ons on left and right side of it (might be challenging pulling it up to look nice)
- making iOS/Launchpad like home page (touch screen & kids friendly)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Shoesy Wrote:Hey P.

EG:

Reading this again, I probably missed you point :-)

You were referring to custom "columns" you can populate with your own items? I have thought at first you're after a new home layout.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

You are totally right. Just so we can fully customise the layout. I know on a jailbreaked appletv interface these scroll left and right if you have more than fit on the screen.
Shoesy Wrote:You are totally right. Just so we can fully customise the layout. I know on a jailbreaked appletv interface these scroll left and right if you have more than fit on the screen.

I keep saying I'm a bit slow :-)

If it's not much to ask, what would you like to use them for? I think I may go with some home page alterations so I'm curious about different use cases in order to find the best solution.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

For me it would be nice to devote a menu to the iPlayer addon- so:

IPLAYER
featured
Popular
Science / nature
Bbc HD

Or another idea maybe a combo of addons in one menu:

WEB TV
Iplayer
4od
demand five
Itv player
Sci fi (free cable)

Or maybe a bespoke programs menu:

PROGRAMS
Rom browser
Transmission
Next aired

I guess the possibilities are endless really. If they are set using favourites you could have pretty much anything in there. Just give the menu a title and off you go.
re Quartz2, is there anyway to put menu on left side rather than right.
Thanks
@pecinko, is there any chance of shoesy's request being added? I just switched to your skin from MQ3 because it is so clean and simplistic; however the one thing I'm missing is the ability to add favorites to the main menu. I think Shoesy suggested doing it a little differently where you could name the new main menu entry whatever you like and then add favorites to the submenu. For example:

GAMES
NES Roms
PC Games

Where GAMES is in the main menu and NES Roms and PC Games would be linked favorites

Another example could be

STREAMING
Free Cable
ESPN
NaviX
YouTube

Regarding placement for these bespoke menus, I think to the right, off the screen would be fine. The user could push to the right to scroll to them. Scrolling beyond them would look around to the main menu.

Anyhow, thanks for the great skin.
You can do that already in Quartz. I renamed my music to Games and listed all my favorites! Am I not understanding what you want? I also names pictures, Sports/News. I love it!!
@karmaj, I didn't realize it was already so flexible. The way it works now is great except that you are limited to the 6 menu items. Unless I am missing it, I don't see a way where you can add an additional item. I can get by on 6, but 7 would be ideal for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request0