Live HD sport...possible to get it more natual looking with xbmc?
Using the ion optimized deinterlacer, 1080i tvheadend streams are stutter free for me with my nvidia ion pc which is great. However it doesn't look natural at all when watching live sports. Its like your watching a movie not a live soccer match.

Is there anything that can be done?
The term "ion optimized" is confusing. What it actually did was setting the de-interlacer to temporal for HD. With recent changes from mainline this is not needed anymore and this option should be removed. When you set de-interlacing to AUTO you get temporal. Setting it to temporal/spacial will most likely produce stutter on ION for HD.

ION2 can do temporal/spatial for 1080i@50 but requires lots of optimizations in XBMC.
To your question. Yes, you can get you e.g. a GT430

EDIT:
Correction, not sure if "ion optimized" sets de-interlacer to temporal/spacial for SD. If so, it still makes sense.
moontan77 Wrote:Using the ion optimized deinterlacer, 1080i tvheadend streams are stutter free for me with my nvidia ion pc which is great. However it doesn't look natural at all when watching live sports. Its like your watching a movie not a live soccer match.

Is there anything that can be done?

Easy solution. Don't use ION Optimized deinterlacing, use the "Bob" setting. It looks far superior for Sport and channels with tickers at the bottom, much smoother. I've got an Atom/ION based system.
thanks for the replies.

Yep BOB seems to work fine. Must have bypassed that one somehow!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live HD sport...possible to get it more natual looking with xbmc?0