• 2(current)
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)
Wow looks like a great little device!

I'll certainly be snapping a few up if some xbmc Dev magic happens :-)
Cool, wishful thinking on my part but maybe this could be the first step towards an XBMC set top box.

Aren't the Roku's powered by the same chip, if it were possible find out who manufactures it for them and maybe they could also produce an XBMC Box, Pulse Eight could sell the XBMC Box with their remote.
@Starstream, i had the same thought when i read this tread Smile
But if it's possible to have a smooth running xbmc on this device, why not sell the device itself too?

It might be a nice way for XBMC to make a little bit of money.
just a thought Wink
I highly doubt this will even come close to a smooth XBMC experience, just look at the Apple TV2, it packs an ARM Cortex A8 CPU, much more powerfull than the ARM11 in this little gadget, and still has issues with heavier skins like Aeon MQ3/Nox Or Xperience1080p, as a couple of examples.
wow that thing is so small it could be built into a CABLE!!

Imagine a cable, USB at one end, HDMI at the other, this tiny sucker built right in.

coooool
GreenEyez Wrote:I highly doubt this will even come close to a smooth XBMC experience, just look at the Apple TV2, it packs an ARM Cortex A8 CPU, much more powerfull than the ARM11 in this little gadget, and still has issues with heavier skins like Aeon MQ3/Nox Or Xperience1080p, as a couple of examples.

The GPU inside is quite beefy considering the cost. The GPU is certainly better than the one used in ATV2. I believe the XBMC GUI replies on the GPU heavily. Only time will tell whether pi can be the ideal platform for xbmc.

Here is the performance chart of BCM2763 (Nokia 701)

http://www.glbenchmark.com/compare.jsp?b...er%20TF101
s7mx1 Wrote:The GPU inside is quite beefy considering the cost. The GPU is certainly better than the one used in ATV2. I believe the XBMC GUI replies on the GPU heavily.

I don't think it does. Which is why they went to 'regions' so that stuff like this could render heavier stuff.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
vinistois Wrote:Imagine a cable, USB at one end, HDMI at the other, this tiny sucker built right in.
coooool

I would much rather go for a 1cm hdmi cable, network and IR receiver at the usb port. That would be ace!
Wouldn't OPENELEC be ideal for this?
Really excited about this one! Hopefully it can run XBMC Smile If it does I think I will be getting one for every room in the house!
If it can run Eden. Then I am getting one
Very excited about this bit of kit and have been following its development for a while. Already ear-marked several for around the house and for different projects both at home and at work dependent of the first implementation works how i want.

I'll be excited to hear about the development of XBMC on this as per someone elses post i'll be buying several more for media installations around the house even if it ran a rather cut down version of XBMC avaliable on it!

cheers.
I hope it could replace my xbox which died last week !
The first 10 development boards are up for auction on eBay. One has just gone over the two grand mark.

I'll certainly buy one once it's confirmed xbmc can run on it. Couple it with a USB hub, wifi dongle and an IR receiver and mount it on the back of my little ones tv in her bedroom, job's a good 'un. It'd pay for itself with not having to reburn DVDs she's scratched in quick time.
If it'll run XBMC I'll buy one and fit it INSIDE my TV.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)11