• 13(current)
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)
For everyone asking about HDMI-CEC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBs7KaTK5Hk
cowfodder Wrote:For everyone asking about HDMI-CEC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBs7KaTK5Hk

So I could just use my TV remote with it to interface with XBMC?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Yes you could Smile This device shouldn't need a CEC adapter, because it must have the CEC pin actually connected to something (this is what all PC's lack which thus needs a CEC adapter)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

PulseEight have stated they will be adding native Raspberry Pi CEC support to libCEC, so assuming this happens then it's a certainty that XBMC on R-Pi will allow you to use your CEC supporting TV remote control to navigate XBMC - no adapter required! Smile

This is great news for ultra cheap media center installations - no need for a USB IR dongle and nasty Media Center remote control (at about £15 that's over half the cost of an R-Pi) plus it doesn't tie up one of the only two available USB ports (I know you can use a hub, but now you might not have to).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That is sweet (HDMI-CEC control).
Can the PI support the BBC iPlayer streams - with aac sound?
So, so far the USB in my TV can power it and I can use my TV remote over HDMI-CEC to control the Pi! What a device! Does anyone know if a native version of XBMC will be available on the Pi's release?
Set Up
deanmv Wrote:So, so far the USB in my TV can power it and I can use my TV remote over HDMI-CEC to control the Pi! What a device! Does anyone know if a native version of XBMC will be available on the Pi's release?

Seems like someone is already working on a xbmcpi version so you might be in luck. I cant wait to see how things comes along personally.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

deanmv Wrote:So, so far the USB in my TV can power it and I can use my TV remote over HDMI-CEC to control the Pi! What a device! Does anyone know if a native version of XBMC will be available on the Pi's release?

that's almost ridiculous. All users will need is a TV, a pi, a usb cable, and hdmi cable.

Cheapest XBMC hardware by a looooong shot
BigO Wrote:Seems like someone is already working on a xbmcpi version so you might be in luck. I cant wait to see how things comes along personally.

Where did you see that?
vinistois Wrote:that's almost ridiculous. All users will need is a TV, a pi, a usb cable, and hdmi cable.

Cheapest XBMC hardware by a looooong shot

I am just assuming that if the USB can charge my iPhone then it will be enough to power the Pi and I have LG's "SIMPLINK" which I am hoping would be ok to control the Pi over CEC
Set Up
I Am sure it is here somewhere in this tread. But I am to lazy to go hunting all 20 pages for it. ;-)

Will this neat bit of hardware be able to play full 1080P Video? IE A Blu-Ray rip .MKV file?
Oddsodz Wrote:I Am sure it is here somewhere in this tread. But I am to lazy to go hunting all 20 pages for it. ;-)

Will this neat bit of hardware be able to play full 1080P Video? IE A Blu-Ray rip .MKV file?

Wow. You said it. Lazy sums it up. 2 seconds of Google Foo will give you the answer.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
being a google-bitch, we call it Smile
htpc guy Wrote:Wow. You said it. Lazy sums it up. 2 seconds of Google Foo will give you the answer.

I did google it Tongue Didn't get anything except how great raspberry pi would be for xbmc. Did you mean that someone is making a rasberrypi specific version of xbmc? I figured we would just use openelec.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)11