• 16(current)
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)
krish_2k4 Wrote:what are people gong to do about the case? is there some in production?

Would be cool if a case for this could be printed with the RepRap. Like the one for Arduino.

Although, it would need €80 of material to print it yourself.
Quote:Would be cool if a case for this could be printed with the RepRap. Like the one for Arduino.
There is a few drawings floating around, but as I am not going to do it myself I would need a cheap european 3d print service. The only price I could found would put me closer to 2 x €80. Too high.
Anyone know a realistic way to do this? I think €80 is the ceiling.
Robotica Wrote:Would be cool if a case for this could be printed with the RepRap. Like the one for Arduino.

Already done. Check here
Does anyone know how well this will handle fanart? For example when browsing movies, how quickly will it load the fanart?
Cocophone Wrote:Does anyone know how well this will handle fanart? For example when browsing movies, how quickly will it load the fanart?

It's still too early to tell.
Cocophone Wrote:Does anyone know how well this will handle fanart? For example when browsing movies, how quickly will it load the fanart?
How could anyone possibly know a reasonable answer for that?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

My guess is that you'll have to use a lighter skin. Thinking that this will fly with some fanart-heavy skin is probably hoping for too much!
I thought fanart could benefit from GPU acceleration in XBMC, is there any reason to assume the Pi GPU can't also accelerate fanart and produce a pretty responsive UI?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
voochi Wrote:Yes it does, it's backed up by blind tests. Nobody can tell the difference on basic to medium-end consumer setups.

That's my point, if you have a setup good enough to hear the difference, then you have probably dropped a lot of $ on your entire system. In this case it's dumb to complain that a $25 project can't bitstream HD audio.

What are you talking about, I consider mine a medium-end consumer setup it cost around 8000 dollars all inclusive my surround, but without projector, screen and tv.

But I can hear a big difference between DTS core and DTS-HD. Same with DD and DD True HD.

But I'm in love with xbmc, and live without HD sound when watching movies from my mediaserver and it's okay. So Raspberry Pi is very exciting in my world.

But offcourse HD Sound would be the perfect match in the livingroom (HD Surround Amp), in the bedroom (stereo amp), the childrens room or kitchen there is no amp for HD Sound,
jordandk Wrote:What are you talking about, I consider mine a medium-end consumer setup it cost around 8000 dollars all inclusive my surround, but without projector, screen and tv.

But I can hear a big difference between DTS core and DTS-HD. Same with DD and DD True HD.

But I'm in love with xbmc, and live without HD sound when watching movies from my mediaserver and it's okay. So Raspberry Pi is very exciting in my world.

But offcourse HD Sound would be the perfect match in the livingroom (HD Surround Amp), in the bedroom (stereo amp), the childrens room or kitchen there is no amp for HD Sound,

Please, please god, don't let this devolve into yet another heated argument about the perceived benefits of HD audio. Let's just all accept that there's no scientific basis for the perception that HD audio actually sounds better, nevertheless, people appear to hear a difference and that's what they care about.

Back to raspberry pi.
natethomas Wrote:Please, please god, don't let this devolve into yet another heated argument about the perceived benefits of HD audio. Let's just all accept that there's no scientific basis for the perception that HD audio actually sounds better, nevertheless, people appear to hear a difference and that's what they care about.

Back to raspberry pi.

Sorry you're absolutely right.

Does anyone know where they are going to ship them from? We have some stupid customs regulations (read high custom prices) if they are shiping outside Europe here in Denmark.
jordandk Wrote:Sorry you're absolutely right.

Does anyone know where they are going to ship them from? We have some stupid customs regulations (read high custom prices) if they are shiping outside Europe here in Denmark.

UK, I believe. Manufactured in China, but being air-freighted back to the UK for distribution (at least, the first batch anyway).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
MilhouseVH Wrote:UK, I believe. Manufactured in China, but being air-freighted back to the UK for distribution (at least, the first batch anyway).

I have my hopes high then. Big Grin
Any updates on this project? where are they currently with a xbmc port? has anything been done at all?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
lrusak Wrote:Any updates on this project? where are they currently with a xbmc port? has anything been done at all?

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.raspbmc.com

check these two sites for updates.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)11