• 45(current)
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)
Great to see the MPEG2 hardware acceleration - can nearly put my old Xbox with XBMC to sleep.
I record (from PC) from UK Freeview (DVB-T) and have seen that .ts (transport stream) recordings have problems - in that the subtitles are always shown (tested using Raspbmc).
These are subtitles embedded in the content and not via external subtitle file.
(2012-08-28, 18:39)Paul Webster Wrote: subtitles are always shown (tested using Raspbmc).

Same with movies on OpenELEC on R-Pi (eg. MKVs with embedded SRTs, even when Default and Forced are both set to "No"). The same media on XBMC 11 (OpenELEC v1.02 on Revo3700) works as expected, with subtitles not visible unless enabled.

Bug in Frodo, I guess...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2012-08-27, 12:50)gimli Wrote: DVD ISO support is disabled in OMXPlayer and no subject to change at the moment. ISO support has a quite low priority on my todolist.
Okay, I'll just pull the file out of ISO and store it that way. Still quicker than transcoding.
I have seen after reading this thread that I'm not the only one with ISO issues. I have tried to play the normal VOB and MOV files that I have as well, and neither of them will play either. I do get audio, just no video. I have purchased both of the codecs, and made the changes to my config file. Shouldn't I be able to play both of these files with the current codecs?
(2012-08-28, 09:10)mikeo Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 12:50)gimli Wrote: DVD ISO support is disabled in OMXPlayer and no subject to change at the moment. ISO support has a quite low priority on my todolist.
I hope you find someday the time to enable this. Lot of my movies are in ISO and searching the net for a solution a lot of other people trying to find a solution for it also. So it is definitely not a waste of your time.
Keep up the good work and thanks for all you have done already.
Have to agree with mikeo, would like to add my voice to those many people wanting to see this implemented. I was gutted to find out that my Pi wouldn't play them after it turned up so eagerly ordered the licence at the weekend only to find that Raspbmc, OpenElec and Xbian still won't play em, gutted again! (I seem to have no luck as XBMC won't play them on my iPhone either). Any reason for such giving it such a low priority, apart from already having a huge workload no doubt? Smile
For those of you that haven't checked out the rasbmc forums, I'd reccomend it. A discussion has progressed on just this very topic, and more information has been made available by a dedicated user over there. Anyways, it would seem that much of the heavy lifting has been done already by Gimli and the crew working on omxplayer. All the functionality to playback DVD video in either folder form or ISO appears to be in place along with a little gem(it appears that DVD nav might be hw accelorated, the menus look too smooth to be done in software on the pi). Anyways, I don't want to go into it too much but the implementation appears solid with the exception of both subtitle and nav overlay allighment issues, but I suspect this could be fixed if a little time was put into it... In either case, jump over to the forums overthere and take a look at the youtube video showing omxplayer's DVD features in action (shows the current issues with overlay)

Cheers,
Slice

P.s. sorry but I'm posting this from my phone so no hyperlinks to vid or raspbmc forums...
(2012-08-29, 11:29)slicemaster Wrote: For those of you that haven't checked out the rasbmc forums, I'd reccomend it. A discussion has progressed on just this very topic, and more information has been made available by a dedicated user over there. Anyways, it would seem that much of the heavy lifting has been done already by Gimli and the crew working on omxplayer. All the functionality to playback DVD video in either folder form or ISO appears to be in place along with a little gem(it appears that DVD nav might be hw accelorated, the menus look too smooth to be done in software on the pi). Anyways, I don't want to go into it too much but the implementation appears solid with the exception of both subtitle and nav overlay allighment issues, but I suspect this could be fixed if a little time was put into it... In either case, jump over to the forums overthere and take a look at the youtube video showing omxplayer's DVD features in action (shows the current issues with overlay)

Cheers,
Slice

P.s. sorry but I'm posting this from my phone so no hyperlinks to vid or raspbmc forums...

There was a good reason why the support was disabled. With raspbmx users will get a half working version and come here complaining.
I'm sorry you feel that way Gimli, but I don't think users are going to be coming here asking for support on a feature that isn't even finished yet... I doubt anyone over at rasbmc (or openelec) will merge the changes into their nightlies because as you said, the feature is not ready for prime time. The current issues with the current feature state have been made clear to everyone following the topic here or over at rasbmc. The build with the feature enabled was done for curiousity's sake (the video was posed for the same reason, people were curious), and frankly the results look promising, and I for one await the finished version of DVD support...

Thanks for all the work you do Gimli, you really have done a ton for the Raspberry Pi users running XBMC, not to mention the comunity here in general.

Cheers,
Personally I'm thankful it's possible to re-enable, as half-working functionality is exceptionally more useful to me than zero functionality.

Especially considering RaspBMC is only in a Release Candidate state.
(2012-08-28, 18:53)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 18:39)Paul Webster Wrote: subtitles are always shown (tested using Raspbmc).

Same with movies on OpenELEC on R-Pi (eg. MKVs with embedded SRTs, even when Default and Forced are both set to "No"). The same media on XBMC 11 (OpenELEC v1.02 on Revo3700) works as expected, with subtitles not visible unless enabled.

Bug in Frodo, I guess...
Quick update - I subsequently set "No" in subtitles for the default for movies (while playing one) and it did work (on XBMC on Xbox1 this is not needed) and it did work for me (using RaspBMC RC4). So - I no longer have subtitles displayed on .ts files (unless I specifically enable them).
(2012-09-01, 13:40)Paul Webster Wrote: Quick update - I subsequently set "No" in subtitles for the default for movies (while playing one) and it did work (on XBMC on Xbox1 this is not needed) and it did work for me (using RaspBMC RC4). So - I no longer have subtitles displayed on .ts files (unless I specifically enable them).

I've just done the same, and it appears to work also - I wonder why that isn't the default setting so that users don't have to dig into that menu? I only want subtitles when they're forced or default... never all the bleedin' time. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Which skin are you guys using on your Pi's? The default skin(confluence) performs well, but I'm not really one for sticking with defaultsBig Grin
Confluence vertical, just so I could change it!
Hi,

I'm using XBIAN on the Raspberry Pi which works quite well although live-TV via UPnP is a bit cumbersome. I hope my Backend (DVBViewer) will be supported soon so that I can use real live-TV with PVR and everything. Or maybe SAT>IP will be included in XBMC, that would also help.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out though is how to get IPTV (T-Home Entertain) to work with XBMC. I've got the FTA channels as m3u playlist, but they won't start. VLC plays them fine. Is there anything I can to to make this work? I could not find anything about this on google...
I use tvheadend with IP TV. Our provider uses udp streams.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)11