Upgraded to 4.4.2 on atv2 OOPS!
Hi guys,

I am very confused as to the best option (or more so the easiest option) for myself at the minute. I accidentally upgraded and now I have lost all my xbmc links and icefilms and very lost! Should I continue with the tethered jailbreak or try and downgrade back? Which would be easier? I am really annoyed and any advice would be much appreciated.

cheers
Depends if you're comfortable with a tethered jailbreak or not. If you're ok with it, then stay on 4.4.2 if not go back to 4.3 (I turn mine off at night so don't want tethered).

If you're ok with tethered, it'd be easier to stay where you are otherwise you need to go through the install/jailbreak process again.

As for your xbmc links and icefilms, you should backup your XBMC settings, if you didn't they're gone but you can prevent it from happening again.
just run seasonpass.. It defaults you back to 4.3! Nice! THats the ONLY way I could get back to sub-ios"5".
Thanks, a buddy of mine updated his unit recently. I'll revert his back to 4.3
thanks guys - with the tethered 4.4.2 is it very difficult to restart? becuase I have noticed that once in a while the atv does freeze and if it is tethered what do i have to do to restart it? using the sleep mode ok at night time or is that the same as turning it off? is it easy to run seasonpass and get back to 4.3? i read somewhere that you have to do it in stages - ie go to 4.4.1 then do it again etc?
Sleep mode is fine you will not need to tether boot from sleep and to restart takes two minutes
Dealwagon Wrote:just run seasonpass.. It defaults you back to 4.3! Nice! THats the ONLY way I could get back to sub-ios"5".

With Tiny Umbrella, you can get back to any version you've saved SHSH blobs for. But you'd have to have saved them back when Apple was signing them... they've stopped signing anything before 4.3 I think... but if you save those SHSH blobs you'll always be able to get back to 4.3.
salam0506 Wrote:thanks guys - with the tethered 4.4.2 is it very difficult to restart? becuase I have noticed that once in a while the atv does freeze and if it is tethered what do i have to do to restart it? using the sleep mode ok at night time or is that the same as turning it off? is it easy to run seasonpass and get back to 4.3? i read somewhere that you have to do it in stages - ie go to 4.4.1 then do it again etc?

Not really difficult to restart tethered, Seas0npass has a function for it... it's a little tricky the first couple times but once you get the timing it's easy... it's just a nuisance to have to hook it up to a computer every time it restarts... easier to revert to 4.3 using Seas0npass so you're untethered.

If the atv2 locks up and it needs to be restarted you can try to ssh into it and run "killall AppleTV" or "reboot", but if that doesn't work you need to pull the plug. Then (if tethered), run Seas0npass, plug it into your computer and do the tethered boot. Sleep at night is fine, only need tethered boot on full startup.

It is easy to run Seas0npass to get it back to 4.3. Just read the instructions carefully and give it a shot. Note the common JB mistakes question... if your JB fails you've likely done something on that list.
i tried using the regular seasonpass to jailbreak got to the point where itunes starts up to complete it and i got an error msg (1600) i think. i thought it was supposed to just revert back to 4.3?
salam0506 Wrote:i tried using the regular seasonpass to jailbreak got to the point where itunes starts up to complete it and i got an error msg (1600) i think. i thought it was supposed to just revert back to 4.3?

Often times when an error occurs software fails to do what it's supposed to.

Check to see if Tiny Umbrella is set to point your hosts file to Cydia. That's usually the cause of the error. Check the jailbreak FAQ for the common errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to 4.4.2 on atv2 OOPS!0