Could this be an NFO problem?
Question 
I recently switched to the Night skin and have been having a few issues with my library.

First, I love the skin's convenient "press down for trailer" feature. However, my trailers don't seem to stream. My library metadata is scraped with Media Center Master and the NFO files contain URL links to the trailers. Pressing down should cause the trailer to stream from that URL, but it doesn't. I do notice the spinning loading circle on the bottom-right for about 1 second, then it disappears with no trailer.

My next issue is is the "sorting title" feature. I have renamed the sorting titles for movies that belong in a series so they appear in chronological order (eg, Harry Potter 1, Harry Potter 2, etc), but changing this in the NFO does not change the order of the movies in XBMC. I have been changing the NFO, then pressing delete in XBMC to remove the movie from my library. I then refresh my video library and the movies are added again, presumably using the NFO to load metadata.

Since both of these features depend on the NFO data, I'm wondering if my NFO files are the problem. Initially, my metadata was in the format 'movietitle.nfo' and was contained in the same folder as 'movietitle.mkv'. Then, while searching forums I heard there can be conflicts with the file 'mylibrary.xml' and this can cause problems with XBMC when scraping local data. I then renamed my NFO files to the generic 'movie.nfo', but this did not change anything.

I've been trying to get this to work for the better part of the past week, but I haven't been successful thus far. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could this be an NFO problem?0