Videos defaults at startup?
Hi,
How can I choose Videos as the default option(and not Music) when xbmc starts?

thx
System settings, Appearance, Skin and set the "Startup window" setting.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:System settings, Appearance, Skin and set the "Startup window" setting.

JR

Thanks but that's not what I mean. I want the Home screen to still be the "startup window" but instead of Music being the the default I want Videos to be.

I hope it's clear.
I don't think there is any way to set this. I'm not sure how XBMC chooses the initial selection. On my copy of v10.1, with the Confluence skin, the initial selection is Video.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I don't think there is any way to set this. I'm not sure how XBMC chooses the initial selection. On my copy of v10.1, with the Confluence skin, the initial selection is Video.

JR

With 10.1 Conf. it defaults Video, but after installing the nightly build with the new skin layout and it defaults Music.

Long ago, when XBMC was available only on xbox it was possible to edit an xml file and set it there.
But nowHuh
Aha! Assuming you're using Confluence, I think XBMC is choosing whatever the middle option is. The difference in the recent nightlies is that the Weather link has been hidden because it's stopped working. That makes Music the middle of the five home links. If you enable the Weather link from System settings, Skin, Home window XBMC will go back to making Video the middle link.

Actually I am a bit surprised there's no way to specify which link is selected at startup. Not that it keeps me awake at night.

JR
Thanks that worked.
I actually had the Weather hidden for a long time and for that reason. In old versions, hiding the weather link defaulted to Videos instead of Music. Now it's the opposite.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos defaults at startup?0