New member questions: connecting computer, to ipad, to projector
I couldn't seem to find any threads on this and wanted to know if it was possible to hook up these 3 devices together.

I currently am able to watch videos via airvideo on my ipad 2 through files on my computer. Airvideo does live conversion and messes up sometimes and I was looking for an alternative.

My goal is to use my AAXA p4 pico projector with my iPad 2 without having to physically transfer the video files onto my Ipad 2 from my computer.

hope this picture helps LOL
dotted lines means wireless. solid line is vga. and the last square is my projection.

these are some pictures of the projector in action.
watching zookeeper

Hope someone can help
thanks!
Have you installed XBMC on your ipad?
Totally possible by installing XBMC on your iPad, since XBMC makes it an AirPlay target. Better yet, just use XBMC's normal functions and playback any file from your iMac (local network playback). You can control it from the iPad or from a browser on your iMac as well.
Ned Scott Wrote:Totally possible by installing XBMC on your iPad, since XBMC makes it an AirPlay target. Better yet, just use XBMC's normal functions and playback any file from your iMac (local network playback). You can control it from the iPad or from a browser on your iMac as well.

Did i miss something? How is he supposed to get the video on his projector from the ipad? Never played with those tvout apps, but with native XBMC i don't think this will work ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You can use one of the (many) TvOut apps for iOS to output the ipad screen to the Projector.
Memphiz Wrote:Did i miss something? How is he supposed to get the video on his projector from the ipad? Never played with those tvout apps, but with native XBMC i don't think this will work ...

It's in the FAQ :D
DisplayOut and TVout2 apps from Cydia are your friend to output to your projector
thx for all the responses. im just heard about XBMC and thought it would be a good fit for me. I have yet to jailbreak my iPad was waiting for the newest jailbreak to come out.
@nedscottI'll take a look at the info and see which tv out app would be best.
@a6unx do you have a particular favorite that they have had experience with. I might want to try one of those first.

Here are some pictures of the aaxa p4 pico projector i ended up getting.
The website said this projector could only go up to 80" but im sure the images i got were over 100 inches..

this projector is pretty great at night. i took pictures after dinner on the building at outside of the restaurant just to test how bright it could be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New member questions: connecting computer, to ipad, to projector0