What Windows for Zotac Nano?
Question 
Hello,

I just bought a Zotac Nano with 4 GB RAM installed.

As a student I have access to MSDNAA.

I already used up Windows 7-64 for my regular PC, which means I can choose from following OS's:

- Vista64
- Win 7-32
- XP-32
- XP-64 Laugh

What would you recommend for XBMC?

Obviously a 32-Bit OS wouldn't recognise the whole 4GB. But would it matter for XBMC? What about boot time, compatibility etc?

Thanks in advance.
out of those in the list, you'll be happier with win7-32.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I just installed fresh copy of Win7 32-bit and XBMC Dharma on my home built HTPC (based on Zotac Atom 330 ION mobo. Both play very nice together. I am running on 2GB of RAM and boot time is a bit longer than XBMC Live but not that bad. I have already played some 720p content and the performance is great.
How noisy is the Nano? One of the reviews said that while not exactly noisy it was loud enough to hear from across a living room.

JR
Well, you can definitly hear it a bit. The device is not noisy but I wouldn't call it silent either.

I guess the hard disc drive I installed is significantly adding to the noise level. So, for silent freaks, SSD's a must.

BTW: I am currently configuring XBMC, and it took hours to get all the buttons to work. OoLaugh

EDIT: You can adjust the Fan Speed in BIOS but as of now I didn't mess around with those settings. I'm a first time XBMC user, so you might imagine right now I am really busy with other XBMC related stuff ^^
if you want to reduce the noise, the fan is fairly cheap to replace. if you're interesting in some tips on audio/video settings, you can visit this thread- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd .
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Try openelec, the EZ tutorial is at lifehacker.

Welcome to the world of open source, well xbmc already is

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What Windows for Zotac Nano?0