• 6(current)
[WIKI] HELP UPDATE OUR FAQs!
Hey Ned,
Just reminded me from watching the rasberry pi video that xbmc now has an official youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/teamxbmc?feature=watch
Any word from the rest of the ream on filling it with some XBMC basics?

cheers

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
MediaWiki is much like XBMC in that it has so many options that it can be a little hard to "start up/set up" at first, but once you have things like you want it, it's far more powerful than anything else out there. I just haven't had time to get everything set up just right, let alone find what "right" is for our content. From my own experience on Wikipedia, I can't imagine using anything else. MediaWiki is easy to use, can work with both wiki markup and HTML markup, and we even have an enhanced javascript editor that can be enabled (see here).

While there is no official title or anything, I'm pretty much the Wiki guy for Team-XBMC.

Thank you for the offer, Henry, but for the time being we're going to be staying with MediaWiki.
pseudo7 Wrote:Hey Ned,
Just reminded me from watching the rasberry pi video that xbmc now has an official youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/teamxbmc?feature=watch
Any word from the rest of the ream on filling it with some XBMC basics?

cheers

I don't know if anyone has any plans to do so right now. I was thinking we could have users submit videos to be under the official TeamXBMC account, but I'm not sure how best to go about all of that.

Still working on getting YouTube embedding working on the Wiki. I wanted to hold off on the MW 1.18 update, as it introduced some weird bugs that I read about (bugs or maybe it was some compatibility thing? can't remember at the moment). I think I'll just try a different embedding extension so that we don't have to wait for a main update to use YouTube videos.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Upg...o_XBMC_v11

General notes/things to keep in mind/changes (moved locations, new features, etc) for Eden. Think of it as an Eden FAQ. Dump whatever you want in there. Don't worry about formatting for now, just think of it as a blank sheet of paper being passed around to write ideas on.
Why does weather not work anymore?

roth2006 Wrote:Why does weather not work anymore?
Really? Sometimes...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

HenryFord Wrote:Really? Sometimes...

I think he's saying it should be on the FAQ.
Embedded YouTube videos now work! Just use this tag on any wiki page:

Code:
{{youtube|4NR57ELY28s}}

4NR57ELY28s is the youtube ID from the youtube URL

|height= and |width= define size. 569x320 is the default.
Ned Scott Wrote:I think he's saying it should be on the FAQ.

The Eden FAQ? Weather should work.

Edit: Probably means Dharma ( :headslap: )

Ned Scott Wrote:I think he's saying it should be on the FAQ.
ah - well... I don't know, sometimes I go over the edge fairly easy Wink
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

We now have support for wikilinks in the forums (thanks fkotch/da-anda !)

For example, want to link to the page about advancedsettings.xml? just type in
Code:
[[advancedsettings.xml]]

advancedsettings.xml (wiki)

Works for anything on the XBMC Wiki, including add-ons:
Code:
[[Add-on:YouTube]]

Add-on:YouTube (wiki)

or about adding videos to the library:
Code:
[[Adding videos to the library]]

Adding videos to the library (wiki)

If you are wondering "Why [['s?"; that's how a link is formatted on the wiki itself.
A side effect of the [[wiki links]] being enabled on the forums, they can also be used with any of the XBMC Wiki's interwiki links: Special:Interwiki (wiki)

This includes other media center related wikis, as well as things like tmdb and tvdb (+ ID number). For example

[[tmdb:105]]
tmdb:105 (wiki)

Links to Back to the future.

Or

[[w:Tacos]]
w:Tacos (wiki)

Links to the article on Tacos on Wikipedia.

It also works for Trac

[[trac:6132]]
trac:6132 (wiki)

etc
Hi Ned,

I think i'll have a bit of free time this weekend/there abouts. I think i've finished the Upgrading_to_XBMC_v11 (wiki) article - making it neat and that.

Is there anything (relatively simply that you wanted done for the release of Eden?
(which as I understand is imminent)

Linking to the XBMC Live installation page for info on upgrading from XBMC Live Dharma to Eden is no help at all.
Well it tells users how to install it, which is better than no information.

When you find out feel free to update it so other users can benefit.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIKI] HELP UPDATE OUR FAQs!3