Movie posters
rocks911 Wrote:Hours later I have my library cleaned up. Now can someone tell me why I have multiple listings for the same movies?

For example A Bugs Life displays 4 times/covers in movie library and most of the rest of my collection appears multiple times also.

How do I manage this and get the art to 1 per movie?

go to settings and do clean library
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well thanks for that, probably the easiest task yet.
So I've spent days getting my content tweaked and everything looks good. I've just received my HDMI cable from Monoprice so I've run from my PC to my mancave A/V system.

I started playing an MP3 which worked just fine but when I started to scroll through my MP3 collection (displayed in the wall configuration)the playback became all messed up, fast forward kind of noise interspersed with the song trying to start over. I made the mistake of playing it loudly and it almost blew the speakers.

Where to begin troubleshooting this?
I'm thinking this is a remote issue. I can scroll through the wall up and down without any playback problems but when I go left or right the music rewinds or fast forwards.

Is there an RF remote that somebody could recommend that works with W7 Home Premium 64 bit and XBMC?

I've had several recommendations but none were RF all were IR.
Hi Rocks,
You may have to 'Clean Library' from time to time.
If you change the directory name or filename, the next time you open XBMC it will scrape/take the new information but leave the old one.
So when you Clean the Library, it checks all the links and removes the ones that don't exist. So maybe that's why you're still seeing 'wrong' movies.

To do this, go into Settings, Video.

I use Media Companion too, but mostly for TV shows.

In regards to remote, do you have iphone/ipad or Android phone? There are a number of "app" remotes that use the touchscreen, and operate over Wi-fi.

Something like this? Has a USB dongle, works on 2.4Ghz band but really more a keyboard a touchpad than a true remote.

http://www.focalprice.com/HE275B/24GHz_M...Black.html

More information and price in the link.

Hope that helps, good luck.Smile
Also I looked up for 'XBMC Cheat Sheet' which has a listing of all the keyboard/remote mappings

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76519

Download one of the files linked and keep for your reference.

SO you'll be able to troubleshoot if your LEFT button on the remote is actually set to SKIP or the issue you're having.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie posters0