NFO's & TBNs - Worth It?
I use SickBeard and Couch Potato for my TV Shows and films, and have them both set up to create nfos and all relevant artwork. I was just wondering if this is worth doing anymore, as I think XBMC has got better at scraping by itself since I started using it. My biggest annoyance is that if a TV episode is downloaded just after it airs, the NFO tends to have no info at all such as rating, would the built in scrapers auto update somehow with new info? Or is there a way to set nfos to be automatically updated with new info?

And for thumbnail generation - does XBMC pull thumbs from TVDB or generate them itself?

So overall, what do you all think is the best solution for managing metadata and keeping it up to date?

Thanks!
For rapidly changing content, such as TV shows, I let XBMC handle the scraping. It seems more reliable and easier to rescrape from within XBMC. Plus I don't keep every episode. When I delete one I will not have orphaned .nfo or .tbn files. Personally I only generate .nfo and .tbn files for content that is going to stay around for a long time.
Depends.

If you have multiple setups (Using sickbeard and CouchPotato to update) they will keep everything universal. Use them.

If you like to have your system update information from a Clean Install quickly (compared to without). Use them.

If you have 1 setup and/or delete files very often (I don't). Then don't use them.

I have 3 systems in my house (2 rooms, and Dev work on server). So I like to have the same information and pics universal. Also once every 3-4 months I clean my database & Thumbnail directories (because I update R5s and SCRs to DVD/Bluray). So the files aid in rebuilding them (I use Movie Sets) faster.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO's & TBNs - Worth It?0