Sharing library between ATV2 and Asrock 330 running nightly live.
Using NFS shares for all.

On the Asrock running live I link the NFS to /media/video

On the ATV2 I just use the built in NFS facilities.

From what I've been reading for library sharing to work (got the library running on MYSQL on my server) the paths all need to be identical.

Does this mean I should mount the NFS shares on the ATV2 at /media/video too or am I still OK to use the built in NFS support?
you can't mount network shares in iOS. Just use the NFS client in XBMC on your Asrock install.
Hang on. Let me explain my setup more.

Exported /mnt/raid/Video on the server.

Running latest nightlies on the Live Asrock and ATV2s.

On the Asrock I have added

Code:
192.168.0.3:/mnt/raid/Video /media/Video nfs rw 0 0
192.168.0.3:/mnt/raid/Thumbnails /media/Thumbnails nfs rw 0 0

to my fstab, so then I added my sources via the root filesystem option.

On the ATV2's I just add source and choose NFS, then browser to 192.168.0.3/mnt/raid/Video

I have been suffering a doubling of TV shows and Movies in the libraries and have put this down to this maybe being 2 different sources, so the database thinks there is two copies of everything.

Would I be better, or even can I, add the same entries to the fstab on the ATV2s then adding the sources to the root file system at /media/Video.

Hope this clarifies my question.
you can't mount nfs on atv2 ... you have to go the other way around ... get rid of that mount stuff on your asrock and use the nfs:// pathes there too like on your atv2 ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Gotcha, for some reason I thought I'd read that NFS support wasn't happening in Live.

I'll try it when I get home tonight and report back. Cheers.
Richy Freeway Wrote:Gotcha, for some reason I thought I'd read that NFS support wasn't happening in Live.

I'll try it when I get home tonight and report back. Cheers.

no clue what status the xbmc live distribution has ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing library between ATV2 and Asrock 330 running nightly live.0