Activly monitor computer folder for slideshow
New to XBMC here...I have heard that people think this is possible but nobody can confirm for me, so I am hoping someone here can.

My end game is for photography, what I would like is when the photographer takes a picture that image is stored immediately on the computer (this I can do now - mac book pro running lion), I was thinking of using Apple TV with XBMC to monitor the directory where the photographer is saving to and play a slideshow of these images as they are written to that directory on a big LED tv for the photographer's client to view. The key here is that these images won't be in iTunes.

Would this be do-able? If so any recommendations or suggestions on how to do this?
This is not possible. See for more info: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113290

Even the mentioned plugin doesn't have any sceduling or monitoring.
Interesting...it seems that nobody knows how to do this. And/or some say this works then others don't.

By chance - does anyone have any idea how to accomplish what I am looking to do (as mentioned in the first post)?
You should just check if a current playing slideshow picks up newly added pictues without restarting. If not, creating patches or an addon is the only solution..
still needing xbmc though correct? Just start a slideshow and start adding images to see if it picks them up - that's what your saying right?
jbsmith Wrote:still needing xbmc though correct? Just start a slideshow and start adding images to see if it picks them up - that's what your saying right?

Yes... If I remember, I will post it later. I think it will pick them up now I think about it...
awesome...if anyone could test for me that would be great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Activly monitor computer folder for slideshow0