Your automated downloads setup.
Just finished my automated setup comprised of Sickbeard (TV), Couch Potato (Movies) and Headphones (Music). All linked to SABnzbd of course. Just wondered what setup others had and if they had any suggestions that could enhance mine or any other user's.

Currently running pre-eden, MQ3 on Vista.
I am running the exact same setup. Though I have just recently (last night) started using Headphones. Before the Sick/Potato/Phone combo, I was using Media Center Master to automatically download TV Shows. I had a watched folder setup as well for movies that I manually downloaded. I wasnt downloading music at that time. I was also still downloading torrent while using MCM. But after a couple of "Notice of Claim" emails I decided to not use torrents anymore.

If you use/have an Android phone/tablet I would recommend using and Android app called MediaDog. You can find it here on xbmc forums and on the android market. You can control all of the basic functions of Sickbeard, CouchPotato and SABnzbd. No Headphones support. This app is so worth it if your using the setup described above.

As far as folder structure goes I keep all movies and tv shows in their perspective folders. I keep all of my media on one 1TB drive. At first I was keeping everything I downloaded but decided that was a waste. I would probably be on my 20th TB drive by now if I kept everything. So now, I have about 150 Movies, 50 TV series with the latest season(s), around 100 albums. Im running a MYsql database as well.

As far as xbmc boxes go I have two. One Revo 3610 with an Ion build of Openelec 1.0.2 in the living room and an older P4 box with a generic Openelec build on it. Both machines share the same mysql database which is located on a win7 server machine. Both setups have and IR receiver with harmony remotes.

PHP Code:
E:/Movies

/300 (2006)
      /
Adjustment BureauThe (2011)
E:/TV Shows

/2 Broke Girls

/Season 1

/Blue Mountain State

/Season 2
E
:/Music

/Dave Mathews

/Live at Piedmont Park 

My SABnzbd downloading directory looks like this

PHP Code:
E:/SABnzbd Downloads

/completed

/completed music (headphones download directory)
      /
temp 
I'm using the uTorrent RSS-downloader with labels for each tv-show. After each show is downloaded a vbs-script runs and tells xbmc to update its library for that folder. Simple fast and no user intervention other then adding the shows.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
just got and unraid set up running sick sab and couch and using media dog on my Samsung galaxy s 2 and my friends are jealous it was hard work setting it up but the results are marvelous
Looks like your half way there...

A must -
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83304
or the new
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113136

Tried Subsonic? Stream you tunes over the internet directly to your Smartphone.
Tried AutoMovies? Downloads movies automatically using the criteria you enter (Windows Only ATM).
Added Trakt.TV and ShareThe.TV logging into the Mix...
Then you surely will be using your XBMC HTPC Media Centre to the Max! Wink
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
I use Vuze with the RSSFeed Scanner plugin to automate TV torrents.

SCRU unrars the file if need be, then Belvedere moves the files to the appropriate directories.

Twice a day Windows Task Scheduler runs a script that updates the libraries of the XBMC clients.
TV Shows: Sickbeard
Movies: CouchPotato / MovieGrabber
Music: Headphones / Audiogalaxy
Downloader: Sabnzbd.
Cell: Mediadog / Sabsheep

On my Windows machine I am running MovieGrabber to automatically download Movies that match certain IMDB criteria. Also Audiogalaxy to stream music to my phone.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
Food for thought!! Forgot to mention, I do have AirVideo and SABMobile for my iPhone so I can watch my media wherever I go and download on the move.

Front Room: HP Pavillion with 9.5TB storage (1.5 internal, 8 external) connected to 50" Plasma Panasonic Viera via Onkyo SR608.
Bedroom: Samsung Laptop streaming content via Wi-Fi connected to 32" Samsung LCD.

@ dsimages: Quite a setup you have. I have the unenviable problem of being a bit of a digtal hoarder, so storage space doesn't last long. I did try to get MySQL working a little while ago but got stuck. Might give it another go in the next couple of weeks.

@ DejaVu: Looks like a few I might try there especially the Trakt.TV and ShareThe.TV.

Nice work guys, keep 'em coming!!!
Same setup but on linux. Works great. For TV Shows I haven't had to touch anything in a LONG time and it's just "there" and works. Movies auto copies them where they need to go and does a WOL to update my HTPC in the living room, which catalogs the new items to a backend MySQL on the linux media server and goes back to sleep afterwards. Even sends me an email letting me know when new shows/movies are ready to watch.
Deano316 Wrote:Just finished my automated setup comprised of Sickbeard (TV), Couch Potato (Movies) and Headphones (Music). All linked to SABnzbd of course. Just wondered what setup others had and if they had any suggestions that could enhance mine or any other user's.

Currently running pre-eden, MQ3 on Vista.

Interested in doing an automated setup. Could I ask, not trying to hijack, where is a good source of how to's to learn to do this? My interests are many TV and Movies. I have no previous knowledge about this subject.
Tight_wad Wrote:Interested in doing an automated setup. Could I ask, not trying to hijack, where is a good source of how to's to learn to do this? My interests are many TV and Movies. I have no previous knowledge about this subject.

I followed This guide to set up automated downloads. Works really well
i only follow onion news so i rolled my own script using their rss file:
Code:
[schneidz@hyper ~]$ cat ./xbmc/bin/onion.ksh
#!/bin/bash

cd ~/win/stuff/clips/onion
wget http://www.theonion.com/feeds/onn/

i=1
for mp4 in `grep enclosure index.html | awk -F "http" '{print $3}' | awk -F "mp4" '{print "http" $1 "mp4" }'`
do
last=`basename $mp4`
if [ "`ls *$last`" ]
then
  mv *$last `zero-pad-2.x $i`-$last
  else
   wget $mp4
   mv $last `zero-pad-2.x $i`-$last
fi
i=`expr $i + 1`
done

rm index.html
i put this in my .profile so it looks for new vids every time i boot up.
Tight_wad Wrote:Interested in doing an automated setup. Could I ask, not trying to hijack, where is a good source of how to's to learn to do this? My interests are many TV and Movies. I have no previous knowledge about this subject.

HenryFord created a really good step by step guide for setting it all up here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=780100
-stoli-
I'm working on an automated download of Tivo recordings to my NAS for XBMC. Torrent stuff downloads automatically via a script I wrote to pull videos from a seedbox. Nerd
Ok. I guess I gotta look in to this SickBeard/CouchPotato stuff. It seems like you folk have some advanced automation going.

Here is my current setup:
I am a member of TVTorrents and I mark all my favorite shows on their website.
uTorrent is set to download all 720p from my favorites RSS feed.
I usually play just through uTorrent launching MPC-HC and delete data once watched.

I have had MediaCenterMaster do auto-sorting before, but I kinda gave up on the whole saving TV thing. I have full rips of older cancelled shows that I love, and use XBMC mostly just to show off my movie collection. MCM sorts movies and then I manually move them to my NAS (4TB, full).

I manually get movies and find out about TV shows by reading all-new RSS feeds or manually searching TVTorrents, TorrentLeech, or Pirate Bay top 100. If I want to start auto-downloading a new show, I just add the show to my favorites on TVTorrents. It never gets in to XBMC though.

Question 1: Does everyone here have to manually add new TV shows, or is there any way to browse a list of new TV series with descriptions and reviews from within XBMC, and then set a series to auto-download (all from within XBMC or an Android app)?

Question 2: How fast are releases/downloads of usenet vs. private torrents (I get shows about 30min after they air EST, and download at 1.8MB/sec)

Question 3: Does that auto-movie getter based on IMDB criteria really work? I mean, is it good about getting something you've been waiting to watch shortly after it is released on BR-rip/DVD-rip/R5, and does it ignore Cam/TS/PPV/4GB-DVDR?

Thanks for the info... off to read those setup guides now I guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your automated downloads setup.0