Your automated downloads setup.
I would love love love a simple setup that'll automatically download the latest episodes of TV shows me and the wife watch. I tried using this guide that explains how to set up couch potato and sick beard etc. But all I was able to find was it working with sabzn or whatever it's called and honestly I don't get that setup or where to sign up. I use torrentleech and was curious if anybody else does too and could help me out setting something up?
(2013-05-18, 23:10)thatguy188 Wrote: I would love love love a simple setup that'll automatically download the latest episodes of TV shows me and the wife watch. I tried using this guide that explains how to set up couch potato and sick beard etc. But all I was able to find was it working with sabzn or whatever it's called and honestly I don't get that setup or where to sign up. I use torrentleech and was curious if anybody else does too and could help me out setting something up?

You should only need sickbeard for TV. The setup is just making sure you have it running on something that is on 24/7 (for me it's the Pi that XBMC also runs on) and it's the folders that are a pain to setup. Then just write a small script that boots sickbeard on boot of the Pi and you are sorted!
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2013-05-18, 23:10)thatguy188 Wrote: I would love love love a simple setup that'll automatically download the latest episodes of TV shows me and the wife watch. I tried using this guide that explains how to set up couch potato and sick beard etc. But all I was able to find was it working with sabzn or whatever it's called and honestly I don't get that setup or where to sign up. I use torrentleech and was curious if anybody else does too and could help me out setting something up?

Wouldn't we all love a simple, cheap setup, that gave us everything for free! Haha, but seriously, nothing that free is very simple to setup. I'm ok waiting to download the latest episodes since I don't watch TV episode by episode. I only am going to look into sickbeard so that I can set it and forget it. Anytime I take the time to learn something it's worth it.
I use DropBox to sync nzb's to a watched SabNZB folder. SickBeard for shows.
Here ya go. After signing up for newsgroups, you can use these video tutorials to set up CP/Sickbeard to run automagically with XBMC. It is a little old, but it is still relevant. This is what I used to set up my system, and everything works great.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdawgnc?feature=watch
(2013-05-27, 09:43)will25u Wrote: Here ya go. After signing up for newsgroups, you can use these video tutorials to set up CP/Sickbeard to run automagically with XBMC. It is a little old, but it is still relevant. This is what I used to set up my system, and everything works great.

If there is one thing I hate about our advancing age, it's youtube video tutorials. What happened to the days when we just typed out instructions. Now I have to watch a video and click through it to skip the boring parts as so many people refuse to splice out the parts where we're waiting for it to install or whatever. When you mess something up it's not like you just skim the instructions again, you gotta watch the whole freaking video.

I can see why they stay up longer (you only have the title to search for vs a whole step by step instruction) but it just irritates me.

Thanks for the video though, I'll watch it soon and see how it goes I guess.
I'm in your boat tential - that's why I wrote my guide. Check it out, it's linked to in my signature.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2013-05-29, 18:28)tential Wrote:
(2013-05-27, 09:43)will25u Wrote: Here ya go. After signing up for newsgroups, you can use these video tutorials to set up CP/Sickbeard to run automagically with XBMC. It is a little old, but it is still relevant. This is what I used to set up my system, and everything works great.

If there is one thing I hate about our advancing age, it's youtube video tutorials. What happened to the days when we just typed out instructions. Now I have to watch a video and click through it to skip the boring parts as so many people refuse to splice out the parts where we're waiting for it to install or whatever. When you mess something up it's not like you just skim the instructions again, you gotta watch the whole freaking video.

I can see why they stay up longer (you only have the title to search for vs a whole step by step instruction) but it just irritates me.

I miss the days when if you were lucky something came with a single side of paper that had been (badly) translated from the Japanese (if you were unlucky there was nothing in the box!). Now understanding those things was an art!
(2013-06-26, 17:17)Jimmer Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 18:28)tential Wrote:

I miss the days when if you were lucky something came with a single side of paper that had been (badly) translated from the Japanese (if you were unlucky there was nothing in the box!). Now understanding those things was an art!

Lol, I don't read ANY documentation when I get something. I just GO AT IT. But man, when I good a guide, and the first 10 links are youtube, I get close to just throwing my laptop on the ground and screaming at it. Useful? No. But I just don't understand why someone takes 10-20 minute sometimes to make a youtube video of a process that I can read in 30 seconds. This whole internet fame thing where everyone is looking for their 5 minutes pisses me off. I was on Ranker.com by accident, and it was talking about the 13 most "famous" youtube women. These "famous" women were just average looking skinny girls who had the camera pointed at their cleavage while they talked. And we wonder why our generation is so shallow and self absorbed.

I think I'm going to purchase a VPN for torrenting though. It's only 40 dollars a year or something like that. Not really sure I want a Usenet where I have to worry about old content disappearing and shiit. Maybe I'll get a UseNet when I only want new content. I think that and I'll get 2 more 4TB drives when they are under 150 dollars. I calculated ALL of the content I want on the internet and it currently amounts to 16 TB or somewhere around there.

Am I just old fashioned/ignorant or does it feel easier to just use a VPN/torrents than setting up a Usenet with an automatic downloader and having to deal with fake releases etc.?
(2013-06-30, 03:08)tential Wrote: Am I just old fashioned/ignorant or does it feel easier to just use a VPN/torrents than setting up a Usenet with an automatic downloader and having to deal with fake releases etc.?
Depends - the fake releases aren't really a problem, the quality is pretty good. For me it's all about "Because I can" Wink
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Just got my VPN. However, when I setup my external drive, I loaded it up with 2.5 TB of movies/tv. Then lost the cords, then put it in my PC. Only to realize that my PC can't read it without reformatting... So I have to purchase ANOTHER 4TB drive so I can get the cables, move all the data off of my old 4TB to the new one, then format the old one so that one is usable lol.

Calculated it out, I only need my VPN for 3 months before my drives are all full if I Never stop downloading. Might just get a year subscription though since 3 months is half a year price wise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your automated downloads setup.0