SD Card MKV playback
I was reading that XBMC will read a SD card using the camera connection kit. This sounds great to me, but I was wondering if anyone with this setup could check to see if .MKV H264 720p video playback works. I wanted to know if playback from the SD would be possible with these types of files.

If this does work then I am definitely going to pick up a camera connection kit and a 32GB SD card.
dieselboy27 Wrote:I was reading that XBMC will read a SD card using the camera connection kit. This sounds great to me, but I was wondering if anyone with this setup could check to see if .MKV H264 720p video playback works. I wanted to know if playback from the SD would be possible with these types of files.

If this does work then I am definitely going to pick up a camera connection kit and a 32GB SD card.

Yes, I can confirm it works fine with my ipad2. The only problem is the SD card will be in Fat32 format, so there will be a file size limitation. For TV shows that's not a problem but for most movies (that are .MKV H264 720p), they will be too large.

If I can remember correctly, you can leave the movies RAR'd up and it should transfer and play just fine from the SD card.
Just remember to use uncompressed multipart rar's. The compression won't save any significant space and might cause XBMC to stutter in playback.
Thank you both for the info. Does it matter if I use Micro SDHC, and will a Class 10 card improve playback performance?
Micro SDHC will work with an adapter to normal SD size. I've played back some demanding 1080P files on class 4 without issues, and even lower than class 4 can probably do the same. It is a pain in the butt to copy files to the card, though (very slow). IIRC, SD cards can be read from faster than they are written to, so keep that in mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SD Card MKV playback0