Dushmaniac PVR Windows error
Hey All,

First post & this may have been covered but couldn't find it in the dushmaniac sticky for the section!

I just installed the preloaded dushmaniac PVR XBMC software, first few times was error missing dll, which I thought was directX error but re-tried a few things but ended up rolling back & installed new DirectX & fixed that!

But once the program finally loaded o.k. I can't find the PVR, TV function anywhere in the menu?

Is there something I/m missing is there some scripting I need to do or add an add-on in files?
I would have thought preloaded set-up would have created it all for me?

Thanks for any Help, gruntly69

EDIT: Thought I'd better add the set-up, it's on win7 64bit enterprise 4 gig ram mini atom D510(m) & has the leadtek winfast DTV2000 DS dual high def tv tuner card with a SSD sata 3 HDD
You need to enable whatever PVR add-on matches the backend TV Server you're using. Since you're on Windows, it's probably Team MediaPortal I'm guessing.

There's some significant setup on the backend as well as matching up settings on the PVR add-on.
LOL, Stupid me, I just thought point & shoot & should have read more!

Thanks I'll look into it!
PVR isn't currently for the faint of heart. There's more work to it than install and go. It does work though, pretty well, considering how far away we are from it getting into mainline XBMC.
I can confirm that with the latest "Stable: git rev. 35748c2 (11 Nov 2011)" executable for windows you first get the directx error (you can get around that with downloading the windows directx web client.) Once you installed it the PVR function is nowhere to be found, no matter which skin or option I enable.

Rolling back to "Stable (previous build): git rev. b05c36d (16 Oct 2011)" and everything works as intended.
right, something must have gone wrong with that build. I'll schedule a new one this evening.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
O.k. well I now have it working with direct X & media portal it self is working, but then when I try & add the plug-in to T.V. Server, it comes up waiting for clients & won't go any further & until I get this set-up the TV server configuration won't allow me to tick the plug-in as it's not there?

I did actually ask this question on the media portal forum by they said they have nothing to do with it, so not sure where to forward it?

There is a screen shot of what comes up & there's more info on their forum that i've posted;

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/instal...ts-102732/

I'm thinking it may be SQL config, but I know when either media portal or XBMC installed it downloaded the latest MYSql 64 bit, & that is what the gentle config is natively configured for so it should be o.k.?

Is there another step by step thread I should look at?

I couldn't attach files on this forum, not sure why so need to see screen shot on other forum link sorry?

Thanks gruntly69
Which version of the MediaPortal TVServer are you using and which version of the TVServerXBMC plugin did you download? They must match.
I haven't seen the error message that you posted on the MediaPortal forum before.

Could you try what happens if you start the debug version of the plugin for the TVServer (TVServerXBMC.exe). Don't copy it first to the TVServer folder, but extract the plugin in a separate folder and then start the debug version TVServerXBMC. Check the console output for any error messages and post them here...

MySQL is normally not the problem.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks for reply,

I'm still not 100% sure I'm doing it right, I tried running debug .exe file when copied whole folder to xbmc setup folder & then added the plugin to the xbmc add-on folder but there was nothing like a media portal or PVR file so I just made & named 1 mediaportal.com & put it in there & made no difference!
So I then tried adding the plugin to the debug folder & still got stuck?

Looking at xbmc says it's version 1.2.1.0 & the plugin says it's for version 1.2.1.109!

I totally believe & know it's a user fault but not sure where to go, sorry!

Thanks gruntly69
PVR is not part of the official XBMC releases. You will need a special build to be able to watch TV in XBMC. For Windows, you can use one of my builds:
xbmc-margro-pvr builds. As you are using MediaPortal 1.2.1, I would recommend the latest pre-Eden build. You already have the right TVServerXBMC plugin.

Note: MediaPortal TV support in XBMC requires 2 different plugins
1) A plugin for the MediaPortal TVServer (this is the TVServerXBMC plugin)
2) A pvr addon for XMBC (requires a recent XBMC-PVR build. The MediaPortal pvr addon is already included in my builds and in Dushmaniacs builds)

Read also MediaPortal PVR addon documentation for installation tips.

and for additional debugging hints:
the old documentation here
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Again thank you so much for your reply Magro,

It was the XBMC PVR build I downloaded but I'm 99.9% sure it was dushmaniac's build & said it was the latest & supported everything I was after!

But anyway I have downloaded your latest version & will un-install the old version & all assoc. files & then try everything I was doing again, as I've read & copied a word document copy of that setup info, I just didn't have the release debug info, now have a copy of that & hopefully all will be well!

I'll post back if I have any dramas or questions but again thank you!

Regards gruntly69
Maybe I should start another thread, I'm a dunce!

I have now got it half configured but not sure how I'm doing it exactly!

I installed magro XBMC & the 1.21 media portal with plug in & put it in the right folder & then tvserver config was able to find it!

If I go to cmd.exe & type telnet it doesn't tell me what server is running, but if I do into debug folder & run the client server it says it's already running(again I would give a screen shot of it but I can't upload anything).

Anyway in the tv configuration setup I can see all the channels & sort them, but then when I go to XBMC they are there but when I click on them they start telling me something scrolling across the bottom but doesn't finish!
But in the set-up for it in XBMC I remember it saying it can't scan for channels as the back end isn't configured properly?

I'm so sorry for all the lame questions & I have read & re-read the information for set-up a million times & can't get it to do or show me the way the instructions show?

Thanks again gruntly69

Edit Add More Info:

In media portal itself when I go to TV & try enable it it says; no free card?

When I go into XBMC & click on any of the channels it says; TVserver not mapped to any ca(writing runs out)

When I go to XBMC ^ go to settings & choose scan it says; none of the PVR support backends support SCAN?

Now each time I exit XBMC it has an error & says it cant shut down normally do I want to manually shut it down?

Thanks again gruntly69

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dushmaniac PVR Windows error0