• 19(current)
[GUIDE] Simplified Guide for a perfect minimal HTPC on INTEL platforms
btw. – sorry I did not post a debug.log for the audio issue (debugging was not turned on when the issue was detected). I can post one later on if it is needed.
Also, the XBMC version used during the test is git20140305.0500-63278c8-0saucy from FernetMenta's branch.
50Hz works fine if your display supports it.
The display supports 50Hz and Xorg is using a 50Hz modeline. The display also reports it is running at 50Hz when I verify the projector settings.
Other sources play 50Hz material fine (without judder), so the issue is definitely not with the display. The codec overlay in XBMC reports 25fps, however.

From the log–

00:28:46 T:140386457335552 NOTICE: running thread: CDVDPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess()
00:28:46 T:140386457335552 NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86019, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, pass-through)
00:28:46 T:140386465728256 NOTICE: fps: 25.000000, pwidth: 1280, pheight: 720, dwidth: 1280, dheight: 720
00:28:46 T:140386465728256 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : HDMI2: 1920x1080 @ 50.00Hz (18) (weight: 0.000)
00:28:46 T:140388494354304 NOTICE: Using GL_TEXTURE_2D
00:28:46 T:140388494354304 NOTICE: GL: Selecting Single Pass YUV 2 RGB shader
00:28:46 T:140388494354304 NOTICE: GL: NPOT texture support detected
00:28:46 T:140388494354304 NOTICE: GL: Using GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object
00:28:46 T:140388494354304 NOTICE: CWinSystemX11::SetFullScreen - calling xrandr
[...]

What about the audio stutter on pause issue–is it known already or should I post a debug log for it?
I've now done some further testing, as the audio stutter on pause persists with the new builds in FernetMenta's main branch. (Latest build tested: 2:14.0~git20140320.0500-38fbf68-0saucy)

It occurs when outputting DTS (core) audio in pass-through mode via S/Pdif. When pausing, there is a 1 second stutter (as if the buffer was cleared). When subsequently resuming, the audio is ok. It appears that it might be related to the 'keep alive' setting (currently set to 1 min.). When disabling it the audio artifacts are worse. When having XBMC process the audio streams (e.g, in non-passthrough mode when using FLAC streams, the audio is ok.)

Debug output is here: http://pastebin.com/hUenXzE7 (towards the end there are three tries using DTS material; the error is consistent on all three tries.)

I'd like to add that I have been running DTS audio streams without issues on numerous XBMC Xvba releases. (Most of my material is in DTS.)
I am also not running PulseAudio, and I've ruled out any issues with the kernel upgrade (behaves the same with 3.13.5 as with older kernels)
The issue is not isolated to DTS tracks–the same problem occurs with Dolby Digital 5.1 streams when bitstreamed over S/Pdif. Changing the audio sync options (between video clock:resample audio / video clock:drop/dupe audio / audio clock) also does not help.
This bug is still present in the latest build (14.0~git20140402.0500-7783cfd) Reverting back to 13.0~git20131003.0500-a662ab2 fixes the issue. The newer builds also ignore any cache settings specified in advancedsettings.xml

Please let me know where these bugs should be submitted.

The advancedsettings.xml file is read, though, as verified from the log. But the cache is set to 0 bytes. When reverting to the older version, with the same file, the settings are properly handled.

Code:
22:31:31 T:140184640132992  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <remotedelay>10</remotedelay>
                                              <!--      The repeat delay for a LIRC remote control. A delay value between 1 and 20 before a remote button starts repeating
                                                        on a long keypress (i.e. continuously sending button pushes while it's held down) -->
                                              <remoterepeat>1000</remoterepeat>
                                              <!--      Used to adjust the amount of time in milliseconds between repeated keystrokes, so as to prevent key-bounce. In other
                                                        words prevents xbmc (lirc?) from seeing one key press as multiple key presses with certain remotes. -->
                                              <videolibrary>
                                                <dateadded>0</dateadded>
                                                <!--    0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
                                                        1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
                                                        2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
                                                <recentlyaddeditems>10</recentlyaddeditems>
                                                <!-- Controls how many items should be displayed in the recently added section -->
                                              </videolibrary>
                                              <network>
                                                <alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
                                                <!-- enables cache for all streams with the exclusion of local DVD and local Blu-Ray. 0/off is default. -->
                                                <readbufferfactor>8.0</readbufferfactor>
                                                <!--    this factor determines the max readrate in terms of readbufferfactor * avg bitrate of a video file.
                                                                This can help on bad connections to keep the cache filled. It will also greatly speed up buffering. Default value 1.0. -->
                                                <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
                                                <!--    number of bytes used for buffering streams ahead in memory
                                                                        XBMC will not buffer ahead more than this. WARNING: for the bytes set here, XBMC will consume 3x the amount of RAM
                                                                        When set to 0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM, as of v12 Frodo -->
                                              </network>
                                            </advancedsettings>
How do I manually update the VAAPI driver? Steam client only supports hardware decoding with a newer VAAPI driver than the one that's included in xbmcbuntu.

Code:
Added Intel hardware decoding support using VAAPI on Linux and SteamOS. This requires the i386 intel-vaapi-driver package version 1.3.2 or newer to be installed on the client computer.

Running vainfo on my NUC says:

Code:
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.35 (libva 1.3.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver - 1.3.0

Close, but no sigar. Sudo apt-get install i965-va-driver libva-intel-vaapi-driver says that the newest versions are already installed, so I'm guessing an other ppa is required?

(sorry, meant to post this in the steam launcher topic)
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/ubuntu/vaapi

but note that this is _pre release_ software.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GUIDE] Simplified Guide for a perfect minimal HTPC on INTEL platforms2