[HOW-TO] [PRE-EDEN] Restoring Shutdown Menu Icons and some other home screen tweaks
Most (all?) of these changes are easily available in mad-max's Horizontal Confluence Modded, but I like to do things manually so I can tweak the skin piece by piece. Here is a guide for anybody who also wants to make these changes on their own. I hope some or all of these changes will be incorporated into the final skin.

Reminder: If you make the changes to the skin.confluence folder in your XBMC folder, you will lose the changes when installing a new XBMC nightly! It is recommended to first copy skin.confluence to your addons folder, give it a new name, and make the changes there.

Restore shutdown menu icons

Basically you just need to reverse the changes that were made here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/a339...cd97e25d85

Find DialogButtonMenu.xml in your skin.confluence/720p folder, and replace it with the one from Dharma: https://raw.github.com/xbmc/xbmc/bfb1eea...onMenu.xml

Then download each of the shutdown icons from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/a339...d85#diff-2 and place them in your skin.confluence/media folder.

Remove XBMC Logo

The XBMC logo is in Home.xml under skin.confluence/720p, in the control beginning on line 34 (search for "LOGO", and it starts above there).

To remove it, change line 42 to "<visible>false</visible>".

(You can also just delete the control. But I prefer to change the visible tag so you can easily change it back.)

Lower the menu bar

The menu bar is in Home.xml under skin.confluence/720p, in the control beginning on line 438 (search for "HomeSubMenuCommonValues", and it starts above there).

To lower the menu bar, change the <posy> value on line 439. I use "<posy>550</posy>"

Remove the dark background when music is playing

The background is in Home.xml under skin.confluence/720p, in the control beginning on line 46 (search for HomeNowPlayingBack, and it starts above there).

To remove it, change line 53 to "<visible>false</visible>".

Remove the home screen controls when media is playing

The media controls are in Home.xml under skin.confluence/720p, in the control beginning on line 285 (search for "Controls for currently playing media", and it starts above there).

To remove it, change line 289 to "<visible>false</visible>".
Thanks that looks beater
I been searching now how to remove that gray bar on the bottom so I have a full visual of my background.... (the one where the power and favorites buttons are at, where the RSS feed rolls on)

I am trying to make it as clean as possible...

Running Frodo

Thanx Big Grin
See floor.png up in Home.xml
Just move the control down or delete it...whatever you like

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Permissions wont let me mod the home.xml file .. I found it in usr/Share/addons/skin.confluence/720 ... If its in another directory let me kno .. Default confluence skin
Thanks for the post.

Can anyone help me lower the recently added section towards the middle of the screen?

Many thanks,
Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW-TO] [PRE-EDEN] Restoring Shutdown Menu Icons and some other home screen tweaks0