Number of artist/albums in your collection
I am working on a program to controll xbmc and am hitting a wall with artist view and album view. I have over 6000 albums in my collection and about 3500 artists. There is no image list capable of storing that many images at a decent resolution. I have gotten the time it takes to load them down to a minimum by storing them localy once you load them the first time. The problem remains as to how to display in a image list to allow you to scroll through them.

As of now I have decided to display only a list of artists and a list of albums without images. Once you select the artist or image it will display the image.

If the majority on people have much smaller collections I will stick with the nicer image view.

Also how many of you only use playlists when playing music through xbmc.

Thanks for any info!
jimk
by no replys am I to assume most people are like me and do not use xbmc for music?

I have playlists working now so you can see a list of your xbmc playlists and selecting it will start playing it. You will still be able to select artists and albums to play individual songs but I think most people use playlists anyway. might include the options to build your own playlist and send it to xbmc.
I don't know what you use to develop your tool, but for large list most recent language have solutions.

In C# / WPF it's for example called Virtualization.

A sample : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/WPF/WpfDat...sg=3350067

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Number of artist/albums in your collection0