MySQL Databases and all versions of XBMC Pre-Eden.
I have a network that consists of a Windows 7 x64 PC - where MySQL is installed, an Acer Revo running XBMCLive with a XBMC updated from the Git and an ATV2 that is also running the 10th November nightly.

All of these are brand new (bleeding edge) installs with no library loaded as yet.

I am trying to get my Windows install to populate the Library in MySQL, but I am getting either Too Many Connection errors in the Log or it tried to connect (not create) a new database called xbmc_video57 until I gives up and falls back to SQLite.

I set all of this up using the Lifehacker guide that is refereed to a lot on here, but seems as though the current nightlys are not playing nice with MySQL. Some threads also skim against the fact that it does not seem to have worked correctly since the end of October (25th).

Am I wasting my time trying to do this at the moment (been trying for 4 days now) because there is a known issue perhaps?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
hi,

i had the same problems and was about to give up when i stumbled upon a the hint to just remove:
Code:
<name>xbmc_video</name>
XBMC then creates a db MyVideos57 and populates it as expected.
On the downside i dont have a clue whether this solution will also work in future builds and of course if you are ok with XBMC creating dbs as it likes Wink
devnull Wrote:hi,

i had the same problems and was about to give up when i stumbled upon a the hint to just remove:
Code:
<name>xbmc_video</name>
XBMC then creates a db MyVideos57 and populates it as expected.
On the downside i dont have a clue whether this solution will also work in future builds and of course if you are ok with XBMC creating dbs as it likes Wink

I didnt remove the name but it still created videos57.. but that is if you DONT create the DB from within MySQL like the Lifehacker guide tells us to!!! Duh?

I'm still struggling (I think)...
I think the Lifehacker-Article refers to Dharma. I expected pre-Eden to work identically since the Syntax didn't change, but i had the same problems as you.
Connecting to a existing DB wouldn't work for me, also i wasn't able to set a name for the db created by XBMC :/
Nonetheless i'm using it now with the DBs created by XBMC and like it a lot so far.
Read one of the 9000 other threads about this. Have you even bothered searching?

There are fixes. Easy fixes. @#*(&G SEARCH.

/This is the 4th or 5th thread that I've had to explain this to today.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
"9000" other threads, perhaps that is the exact problem. Why do you think there are so many threads regarding the same topic? The answer is hard to find! Especially when all guides refer to Dharma or the Lifehacker article. Instead of complaining about how lazy people are and how many times you have to explain it to everyone, why not write a new mini-guide and everyone is happy?

I've read your latest comments and things have cleared up for me.thx.
It's already in the Wiki.
It's already in at least 2-3 of the other threads.

The OP didn't even bother to look. If you search for 'mysql' or 'xbmc_video57', there are a ton of hits.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Can we put all those hints into the wiki page? Don't be shy. Just make an account and edit. Or tell me directly and I'll add it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries
Whoop! Recent builds have repaired the mega connection attempts and I can confirm my MySQL is running beautifully.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Databases and all versions of XBMC Pre-Eden.0