[RELEASE ]Reddit /r/video plugin
i would love to see this with www.reddit.com/r/documentaries as well

(2012-11-10, 15:12)Krankdroid Wrote: i would love to see this with www.reddit.com/r/documentaries as well

With the previous base URL modification add one or more of the following lines in the "def listCategories":

Code:
addDir("Documentaries - Hot",        BASE+'/documentaries/.json',                'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Documentaries - New",               BASE+'/documentaries/new.json',            'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Documentaries - Controversial",     BASE+'/documentaries/controversial.json',  'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Documentaries - Top",               BASE+'/documentaries/top.json',            'listVideos', '')
Wow,that is a way to go
Thumbs Up 
I've added support to the script for LiveLeak and youtu.be links and submitted it to the repository ticket system. I don't know when this would be integrated in or even if that might happen? In the mean time here you go.

The LiveLeak filtering runs a little slow. I don't see any way around it though. Enjoy!
Hey thanks pyrotech76, this is awesome. I'm just wondering why it is preventing me from adding a video subreddit like /r/Climbingvids.

I'm typing under the other entries:

addDir("Climbing Vids - Hot", BASE+'/climbingvids/hot.json', 'listVideos', '')

But it is breaking the plugin. Any thoughts on why this wouldn't work?
Hi there fanatix, thanks for the feedback. I'm guessing your issue might be due to the EOL (end of line) format? Windows notepad likes to convert everything to DOS and it should be in UNIX format for use in XBMC. You could try editing in notepad++ if you're on a Windows PC. I've had some strange things happen because of the EOL format, sometimes it will read OK and other times nothing.

At any rate, I've updated with your subreddit to the modified plugin I posted above. It looks thrilling and I'll be checking it out for sure. I can add other suggestions if anyone has any. It may require adding options to select the subs if the list gets too expansive. Thanks again.
I'd hate to bring back an old thread, but

/r/fullmoviesonyoutube
/r/fulltvshowsonyoutube

may also be helpful.
(2013-03-07, 16:27)kilbert Wrote: I'd hate to bring back an old thread, but

/r/fullmoviesonyoutube
/r/fulltvshowsonyoutube

may also be helpful.

Hey, that's great! I've tagged this in my to-do list. A lot going on in my life right now, but I'll get to it. The list is getting long so I would like to add the ability to select which ones to display, and possibly self-add new ones.

I looked into adding vimeo support but haven't had time to readdress it. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like the ability to play "other" video content as well.
Following your earlier advice:

I modified using kate the default.py located: /xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.reddit.bc/

first I fixed the

BASE = 'http://www.reddit.com/r'

Code:
addDir("Videos - Whats Hot",              BASE+'/videos/.json',                     'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Videos - New",                    BASE+'/videos/new.json',                  'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Videos - Controversial",          BASE+'/videos/controversial.json',        'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Videos - Top",                    BASE+'/videos/top.json',                  'listVideos', '')
    addDir("MitchellAndWebb - New",           BASE+'/mitchellandwebb/new.json',         'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Music Videos - Hot",              BASE+'/MusicVideos/.json',                'listVideos', '')
    addDir("K-Pop - Hot",                     BASE+'/kpop/hot.json',                    'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Documentary - Hot",               BASE+'/documentary/hot.json',             'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Documentaries - Hot",             BASE+'/documentaries/hot.json',           'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Artisan - Hot",                   BASE+'/artisan/hot.json',                 'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Artisan Videos - Hot",            BASE+'/ArtisanVideos/hot.json',           'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Obscure Media - Hot",             BASE+'/ObscureMedia/.json',               'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Conspiracy Documentary - Hot",    BASE+'/conspiracydocumentary/hot.json',   'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Rocket Launches - Hot",           BASE+'/rocketlaunches/hot.json',          'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Science Videos - Hot",            BASE+'/sciencevideos/hot.json',           'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Car Crash - Hot",                 BASE+'/carcrash/hot.json',                'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Police Chases - Hot",             BASE+'/PoliceChases/.json',               'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Cringe - Hot",                    BASE+'/cringe/.json',                     'listVideos', '')
    addDir("Popping - Hot",                   BASE+'/popping/.json',                    'listVideos', '')
    addDir("FullTVshowsonyoutube - Hot",      BASE+'/fulltvshowsonyoutube/hot.json',    'listVideos', '')
    addDir("FullMoviesonyoutube - hot",       BASE+'/fullmoviesonyoutube/hot.json',     'listVideos', '')

Being new to xbmc & linux I included the above as it took me a while to find the locations of the files, and if it saves one more person some searching time it was worth it. Thanks for your help!
I don't suppose anyone would have the .zip file for this plugin by chance would they? I added the repo to a fresh install of XBMCbuntu 12, and after adding the repo when I go in to install add-ons from it, there is nothing there.... It's been several days since I was last able to watch my XBMC Reddit videos and I'm going through withdrawl (although I bet my wife is more than okay with that, she doesn't much care for these videos for reasons I don't think I'll ever comprehend haha)...

So I guess if someone has the .zip for this add-on (or better yet has any idea why the entire BlueCop repo is showing up blank for me) I'd be eternally grateful!
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
(2013-03-16, 02:43)DaMizZa Wrote: (or better yet has any idea why the entire BlueCop repo is showing up blank for me) I'd be eternally grateful!

System/Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > highlight Bluecop repository and open context menu (keyboard "c" or right mouse click) and select "Force refresh". Wait a few minutes and recheck repository to see if it is now populated with add-ons.

Some have reported they had to perform the above steps several times before the list of add-ons finally showed up.
There is a thread about the issue with blues repo from last year, A few others also had the same issue... Bizarrely I'm showing an empty repo too after 2 days of refreshing?

A zip of this would be great with all the latest additions/fixes.

Offtopic...
I've gone though my addons folder today and noticed I have 450addons Undecided about 50 repos and in all honesty I have no idea which are even still active on in use, frodo compatible etc..

Do we have any way to actively check for repos/plugins etc being active and functioning etc?

The xbmc wiki page is not updated often enough and not for 3rd party repos/plugins... It's the only reason I'm beginning to change my mind on the 1 big repo idea... It would be very clean and organised.
I have only had xbmc for about 3 weeks. I had issues with the blucop repo also (I got it here from here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories)
I had to do the method artrafael mentioned (System > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > locate and highlight "bluecop Add-on Repository" > open context menu ("c" on keyboard or right mouse click) > Force refresh), plus reboot for it to work. Some of the "channels" did not work, but most did.

As for making a .zip of anything, I have no idea of where to even start do that.
Thanks, that worked for me... I don't know what exactly did it - I kind of force refreshed 4 or 5 times and did a check for updates a few times... It was empty the first few times then randomly at some point everything was there again. Thanks so much, I probably would've just given up and gone back to Eden to enjoy some reddit videos via xbmc again haha
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
I made an updated version:
  • Add your own comma seperated list of subreddits in settings
  • Can now show and play youtu.be links
  • Ability to queue videos

http://tiny.cc/redditvideos

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE ]Reddit /r/video plugin1